Why do you think we have dreams of those who passed away?

mindNsoul
It seems like they never fully leave me. I keep seeing my childhood best friend in my dreams, my grandmother, my uncle, and my cousin. Four months ago I lost a good friend due to covid. She was 33, vibrant, healthy and full of life. It makes you realise how this virus makes losing people feel so near and unexpected. But I guess that's how death been all along. So near and unexpected.

In my dreams, they never age like I do. They witness me grow and they know that they're no longer living. Some of them visit me in a form of nightmares that are more horrifying than any horror movie I've ever seen. But again, nightmares are my oldest, most loyal friend.

Recently I was wondering if that's how we mentally and emotionally deal with loss? Does it hurt less when you can see your loved ones all the time in your dreams? When you still can feel their warmth again, perhaps share some laughter or even cry on their arms one more time. Does the condition of which we see them manifest how hard it is for us to let them go?
Honoring the memory of all those I lost ❤️
14
11