Why do we learn about the Muslim religion as kids and for our GCSE's (pls read)?

Dxjam
People may think that i hate this religion but i simply dont. In fact I love this religion and a lot of my friends are Muslim. i I respect the religion and im not saying anything against the religion itself but why do kids in England have to learn about this religion. As kids we mainly learn about Christianity and Muslim and that's our subjects for GCSE's as well. I understand why we do Christianity because our country had a Christian history and so forth but why do we learn about Musilms.

I respect the fact that some may find their religion fasinating but from a young age why do we ONLY learn about those two religions when there are so many top religions like Hinuism, Buddhism, Jewish etc. Why can't the kids decide what they want to learn especially for our GCSE's; why can't the students choose what religion they want to take for their GCSE's with Christianity (as a must).

Also, my second question is why does our schools teach predominatley Muslim. Again im not trying to hate the religion but all I'm saying is why isn't there a free reign over this and why dont the teachers allow us to choose what we want to do and learn.
0
4