Soulmates, empaths, spiritual bond... Do you believe in it? Can you please guide me then?

Anonymous
I need to get this off my chest but I can't find who to vent to so thank you in advance for your time.
There's this guy I only met for a few hours. We caught each other's attention at a gathering and spent the evening together bonding (no sex).
It's been 10 months since our encounter and ever since then I noticed I can feel him: I feel when he gets panic attacks, I feel when he's happy, when he's relaxed, when he's sad, etc... I never told him about it but all my feelings are confirmed by him when we get to talk which is just once a day by text because we live in two different sides of the world with an 8 hour difference.
I know I can... feel people sometimes but only the ones I'm very close to like I felt my bestie going to change her hair color without letting me know to surprise me because I'm very connected to her but him...
I only met him once and then Covid hit so he went back to his original country how can I feel such a strong connection to him. My bestie told me that as soon as she saw our eyes meet on the night of our encounter she felt that him and I are soulmates and she's never used that word before maybe that's also why I can't get this idea out of my mind.
I don't want to scare him away with my feelings and I mean what do I really know..
Can someone who knows about these things please enlighten me and let me know if I should trust my feelings or if I should block them to not hurt myself?
1
1