Problem solving from a spiritual perspective: 👇🏿👇🏿👇🏿 What spiritual advice would you give 1) As a fellow human being 2) To yourself?

💯 hypothetical. I can relate to and empathize with the character going through an impossible task of wrestling their philosophical conscience in an untenable circumstance, but this is by no means autobiographical.

Also bit dark ~ So trigger warning ⛔️

Here is the situation:

This person is taken against their will to confinement in an unfamiliar location. They are forbidden contact with outside works. So no hope of any real aid.

They are by force given medicine for “their own good”. This medication does not help them rather makes them violently ill and gradually begins to destroy Their ability to think. They are convinced if they continue they may be lost forever".

Alternatively, If they refuse they are beaten mercilessly... It is apparent, if continued they will perish.

Both scenarios are dehumanizing and finding no redeeming feature anywhere can only size it up as an outrageous attack on their conscience, to which they are of course, morally apposed.

There is nothing redeeming to “believe” in. No obvious case of weighing one evil against another. Intellectually, Sorting out a slightly better outcome is virtually impossible as well. They don’t believe in lesser of two evils and in any case they are rather on par 🔜

Submitting to a course of treatment that is destructive. Mind body and soul. Or to submit to violent heatings which is equally destructive.

The question they find they are confronted with being that as far as they can see, all options and foreseeable outcomes are undeniably miserable, what is the “righteous” morally upright thing to do?

(Understandably that may not be how you would look at it... This person is seeking dignity and to be at peace with their conscience as they can not seem to be in any other way in this situation)

A) Refuse the meds, fight the beating, and go out as a martyr.

B) Take the meds lose their mind.

C) Other.
I’d give the same advice to someone else, as I would to myself A)
I’d give the same advice to someone else, as I would to myself B)
I would give the same advice to someone else, as I would to myself C)
Vote C
I would give different advice to someone else, than I would to myself.
Vote D
None of the above.
Vote E
GirlGuy
1 mo
I kind of feel like I inadvertently described every “ patient” of a 19th century sanitarium... Hotel California of the victory em age.. You can check in any time you like hit you dab never leave 🙁

Didn’t want to make it gratuitous, so there is not much of a story..

I’m interested in the decision making process in search of justice with no tangible control beyond spiritual conviction moral fiber & righteousness.

Thank You 💜💜💜
28 d
Hey guys 👋

1 thank you so much for responding. Honestly it’s kinda dark I wasn’t expecting much activity. And the answers are serious I appreciate and respect that 💜

2 It has Brought to my attention I did kind of a “bla bla bla” version of what was on my head quite clear scenario. I can see that now... Sorry it was kinda stream of consciousness I didn’t organize my thoughts well before hand. 😐

CONTINUED ***

15
0