Was that making love or rape?

Girl99
I'm 18 and a have a boyfriend. We've had sex a couple of time just like any ordinary couple. But there was this one day that made me rethink our relationship.

Okay, so a couple of days ago he invited me to spend some time with him after having dinner in a restaurant. So I went to his place, I was on my period, and we were kissing on the couch. So he slipped his hands under my blouse and played about with my breasts. I was fine with it as long as we weren't going any further. But then his hands starting getting lower near my vagina and as he slipped half his Hands in my pants I stopped him and told him that I'm in my period and that we can't go any further tonight. But his exact words were 'I don't care, I'm fucking you tonight' and he quickly pulled down my pants before I could say a word. I asked him to stop and refused but he grabbed me to his bedroom and pushed me on his bed. He took off my panties and my blouse In a second. I stood up to leave but he pushed me on the bed and said 'I'm fucking you in your period' 'I don't care' and he did it was so painful but I couldn't leave he twisted my arms behind my back and fucked me doggy style. What was he thinking? I asked him not to but he insisted. Why did he do that? Was that making love or rape?
Was that making love or rape?
18
16