Why do so many people view virginity as a bad thing?

Anonymous
I've noticed even 15-16 year olds think it's a bad thing if they haven't had sex yet, let alone a kiss or a relationship. I just don't get why it's such a big deal to lose it at a young age. It's not like virginity is a bad thing.

When I was younger I was actually happy I was a virgin. I didn't want to just sleep around, I wanted to wait until I was with someone I could see myself being with for a very long time. I was one of the few people in my graduating class to not have a child or have one on the way. And I was proud of that fact.

But I've noticed people think if they don't lose it early then they're automatically a loser. I even see people with low self esteem on here because they're virgins still.

What the heck is the big deal? It's not really anyone's business if you're a virgin or not anyway. Just you and whoever you're with, that's about it.
20
9