Stopped initiating sex?

Anonymous
I'm an 18 year old girl. I've been in a relationship with the love of my life for over a year now. Our biggest problem, at least in my eyes, is our sex life. Now before I go into detail I want to explain that there is no way he's cheating on me. He also has promised it literally has nothing to do with me and that he's extremely attracted to me. However...
he is almost never in the mood. I'm always the one asking him for sex. I'm always the one trying to turn him on. He says he doesn't want to go see a doctor because he's so young, but he's just never in the mood. It cuts down my self esteem so much even though he promises me up and down that it's not my fault. Recently, I stopped asking for sex. It's week one and he hasn't mentioned it at all. He doesn't seem to mind that he hasn't touched me and I haven't touched him in a week. How long can I go without freaking out? Sex is important to me. It's not all about feeling good but it's about having that emotional connection with the physical connection. I like making him feel good. What would you guys do?
Stopped initiating sex?
8
1