Do you actually require VERBAL consent before sex (or any other physical contact) with a partner?

Anonymous
Obviously we all know that you need consent in order to have sex with someone, but there's also a difference between implied and verbal consent. A lot of sex/assault/violence education programs promote the idea that consent needs to be verbal every single time, even with a long-term partner.

I'm not trying to shame anyone for wanting or needing verbal consent, but I never want my partner to outright ask me if I want to have sex, because the sex always turns out to be very robotic & awkward afterwards. I also feel that the only reason why verbal consent is so heavily promoted nowadays is because some people lack common sense, & also because some people don't understand that individuals are different.

Also, do you require verbal consent for other forms of physical contact (kissing, hand-holding, etc.)?
I require verbal consent every single time for any physical contact.
I require verbal consent only for sex, or only for certain things.
I don't require verbal consent.
Vote C
GirlGuy
25
8