What are your thoughts and experiences with casual sex and dating?

ThreeMonkeys

There are a couple of things I wanted to get thoughts on.

1) What is the goal of dating in your opinion and what is the goal for you? Is it to find a life-long partner? Is it to meet different people and act on feelings? Is it to have sex... get a fuck like eating food when you are hungry?

2) How do you feel about casual sex such as one night stands? If you have participated in it, what have your encounters been like? Is it fun? Is it fulfilling? By any chance, do you feel it provided temporary pleasure (sexual and/or emotional) but there is a void in you that keeps getting bigger?

3) Do you feel comfortbale mixing the two? You can have relationships (that are suppose to be life-long? or I guess dating people you like?) and can you feel comfortable with your partners having casual sex and such when they are single?

In a sense, people are adults etc... I get that this is ethically completely okay. However, I get the feeling that the route of dating multiple people and casual sex encounters will lead a person ( or at least some people) down a path where they are temporarily satisfied (emotionally and def. sexually) but it would make any long lasting relationship far less special. They may see it as just another sexual/dating contract rather than taking a stronger interest in that person's life etc.

What do your experiences tell you?
1
1