My girlfriend is a virgin and scared to have sex. What should I do/say?

techdude92
Before I give you a backstory, I want to state my question first - What would you guys or gals recommend I do/say to help my girlfriend feel more comfortable about sex?

Backstory:
I've been dating this girl for quite awhile and we're both in our mid 20s. She's the second girlfriend I've had and I'm her first. She initially didn't want to have sex until marriage and I accepted that. I honor her, respect her, and love her more than anyone else. But recently we've become more and more intimate and she's decided that she would like to have sex; however, the problem is that she's terrified that it'll hurt. So terrified that she has told me that if it hurts, that she'll never want to do it again. She's a very pure and sweet girl and hasn't even gone as far as masturbating. She told me that she never uses tampons, because anything going up there is too scary for her.

I've done a lot of reading online on having sex with a virgin and ways to make the experience as least painful as possible. This is what I've come to understand:

- Listen to her and take it at a pace she's comfortable with (this is obvious)
- Let her know she can say stop at anytime
- Foreplay is key. In particular fingering to get her wet
- Lube, lube, lube

In addition to my reading, I've told her that I love her with all my soul, that I'm in no rush to have sex because she's worth waiting for, and when the time comes that I'll make it as gentle as possible. She's also been talking to a friend about and how to physically and mentally prepare for it.

Sorry if this seems too elaborate and not to the point, but I really love this girl and I see a future with her in it. The last thing I want is to scar her from this experience. Thank you for reading up to this point!
+1 y
Just to clarify, we haven't done anything too sexual yet. No oral or fingering. The topics have come up implicitly, but I haven't pursued any of the above yet as I know she isn't feeling comfortable those yet. We do kiss very passionately and she loves kissing my body and neck. I have taken off her bra, but not her shirt and given her back rubs and she seems to enjoy that a lot. The reason why I'm asking about sex now is so that I can understand how I can make her feel as comfortable as possible
4
5