Why did he freak out after having sex with me? What's wrong please help?

Anonymous
So I've been into this guy since 10th grade, we're seniors now and dating. Well we're both in ROTC and we always have an end of the year field trip. This year we went to Miami and stayed at a hotel. Each senior got there own room and mjne was next to his... and they has balconies that kinda made it easy to go to someone else's room. Well about three days after the trip started he and I got in a fight because another girl kept sending him text and trying to hook up with him and I kinda got jealous. Well that night he came to my room and we started talking and well one think led to another and we ended up having sex that night. And well it was my first time something he hadn't knew about and the next day after he left my room he started to kinda become weird. We didn't hang out much during the last few days of the trip and after we got home he didn't text me as much. He told me he felt bad about taking my virginity in such a bad place and on a school trip. I don't regret it at all and I'm so freaked he does. I really like him and I'm scared this is going to mess are relationship up. He hasn't broken up with me so I don't know if that's a good sign. But I don't know what to do, I miss my boyfriend before this I want the guy he was that night. Super sweet and in love with me. Why is he acting so strange?
2
1