Guys, what do you intend to show to a girl when you randomly spank her out of nowhere?

Anonymous
Here's a little context: him and I are quite tight, in a brother-sister way, (even though I wish it was for some other romantic reasons) so we touch each other a lot and get into each other's bubble all the time and we're both fine with it. We both have a very flirty personality so, sometimes, it's hard to read each other's intentions. We are also gym partners so we always compete or squeeze each other's sore muscles just for the sake of teasing each other.
Yesterday, this is what happened: we were walking back home from a party and, out of the blue, he spanked me..! Because of leg day, I was exceptionally sore, especially my butt so, I assume that he was playing our usual game of hurting each other when we're sore but... I didn't feel comfortable with him doing that. He never touched me inappropriately before (his hand in my lower back is the lowest he's ever touched my body) so I was really taken by surprise. I don't know how to feel about that. I feel offended in a way because I think it's quite disrespectful; as if he saw me as his "b*tch", but especially because we are not dating or even close. I'm going to talk to him because I do not feel okay with this. But what do you guys think? If it helps, he's also very jealous and possessive towards me, he always keeps an eye on me and he can't stand me not giving him my attention.
4