Guys, does a man ever shave his "goodies" just for "no reason"?

Anonymous
After a spontaneous rendezvous, I noticed my husband's "goods" were smooth as a baby's bottom & was curious as to why he shaved & didn't mention it. No special night had been planned or recently had & in the past, this has always been kind of a "treat" because, let's face it, it's not the easiest or most pleasurable thing for a guy to do & when he does, it's usually nice for it to be appreciated, I would think. When I asked when he did that, his response was "about a week ago, I guess". Yes, we've had sex in the past week but no, not the kind that would have brought this to my attention. (I admit, it was one of those less than usual weeks) That was mid week. Prior to that, I would have known & do not recall that being the case. I asked why. His response, "I don't know. Just because." This seems off to me. And no, I'm not paranoid or looking for a reason to be upset. Just feeling this is a little "off" somehow. Can a few men chime in & tell me if I'm making something out of nothing or if this really does seem kind of "off"? Thanks a million.
19