Im more comfortable telling people I sleep around rather than admitting to being a virgin?

Anonymous
Have you ever felt like you put too much importance in your virginity? either right now or at some point?

Im a virgin and the simple answer for that is that i haven't gotten a boyfriend yet. I have never been interested in ONS, but im not necessarly waiting untill im in a serious relationship. If a guy and I decided to exclusivly date eacother, that would be good enough for me in terms of commitment.

I dont think my virginity is anything special or holy or what not, but im not taking the risk of losing it to a random dude who doesn't give a crap about me aka my sexual needs and wants.

Culturally im used to people sleeping around, quite a lot. if you have had 5 ONS by the time you're 20 thats almost expected, and if you dont sleep around and at the same time haven't had any boyfriends/girlfriends you're viewed as weird or abnormal. I have several friends who are my age (21) and have slept with at least 15 people. My sisters friend is 20 and have slept with over 40 guys.

Anyway, my soscial circle if anything incurages me to sleep around, to "just lose it". I have even been accused of being "delusional" because i want to wait because they think that the only reason im waiting is because then the sex will be amazing or something. Which is obviously not the truth

Admitting to be a virgin is really hard to me, and i would rather pretend im a slut than actually admit to being a virgin, only because the reactions have gotten in the past.

Sometimes i wonder if i should just "get it over with"
7
0