Why is the possibility of banning abortions STILL being discussed today?

KRIEL55
I find it extremely ridiculous how after so much time, women might still not be able to have full control over their bodies. not only are abortions at question, birth control pills are as well. how is it that in 2016 women are still told they shouldn't be enjoying sex so they shouldn't be using protection (unless a man doesn't want to risk anything and pulls out a condom of course) since the only reason women should ever have sex is to give birth after. i personally don't care for birth control pills, and i am not all about abortions either, i think having an abortion would traumatize me for the rest of my life, but if i accidentally got pregnant (either from rape or a condom breaking) i sure as hell would schedule an appointment as soon as possible to get an abortion right away.
and whats worse then men, (who have no vaginas, who dont have to experience giving birth, who dont even have to be involved in their accidental child's life by society's standards) telling women what they should do with their bodies is that some women are so brainwashed into thinking that limiting other womens decisions is somehow a good thing! i understand if you're just completely against abortions, you think its inhumane, you think its the biggest sin ever, and that is your decision. if you want to keep a rapists baby, if you want to give birth at an unplanned time, that is all up to you. but dont go around making that decision for other women as well.
Updates:
+1 y
got 97 notifications just from this question, not about to go through each and every one, but i did see a few and have responded to a few, some of you have made some good points when you explained why you're against it, some of you made some ridiculous points, but i still stand by what i believe. its easy to tell someone to just keep it alive (and, basically only men replied to a womens issue. what a surprise) but its much easier to tell someone to do it then to actually put your whole life on
+1 y
hold just to carry around an unwanted baby in your stomach for 9 months, experience giving birth (and i saw someone say some see it as a blessing, i can guarantee you no woman see's her vagina being stretched out to the limit, a blessing), then continue putting your life on hold, especially if you're a single parent, and somehow find money to raise a kid you didn't even want in the first place.
Why is the possibility of banning abortions STILL being discussed today?
Add Opinion