Why are women who enjoy sex still a taboo?

I've never been in a relationship so I occasionally have casual sex. Intimacy is a need I need to fulfill sometimes but I don't want to force myself into a relationship just to be able to have sex. Why does this make me a slut and a disgusting human being? Why is my sex life anyone else's business if I use protection?

I understand if you wouldn't want to date me if it's against your own values but that doesn't give you the right to denounce me a slut.

Or is this just something that I've caused myself and should just deal with? Am I not allowed to complain because it's my own decision to "be a slut"?

Girls and guys, I want your opinion!

I officially feel like a disgusting human being now.

What I learned is that I either need to grow a thicker skin or wallow in self-pity from now on, and I choose the latter.

I don't think I'll be having sex with anyone for a while. Your job here is done.

1860

Most Helpful Girl

• I think what matters more is the who, the what, the where, the when, why, and how - which all translates to circumstances and individuals.

Just having casual sex occasionally isn't inherently slutty. However, throwing yourself heedlessly at every cock and sexual request sloppily with no regard for your body or without a semblance of self respect translates as slutty.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE