Why are women who enjoy sex still a taboo?

I've never been in a relationship so I occasionally have casual sex. Intimacy is a need I need to fulfill sometimes but I don't want to force myself into a relationship just to be able to have sex. Why does this make me a slut and a disgusting human being? Why is my sex life anyone else's business if I use protection?

I understand if you wouldn't want to date me if it's against your own values but that doesn't give you the right to denounce me a slut.

Or is this just something that I've caused myself and should just deal with? Am I not allowed to complain because it's my own decision to "be a slut"?

Girls and guys, I want your opinion!

I officially feel like a disgusting human being now.

What I learned is that I either need to grow a thicker skin or wallow in self-pity from now on, and I choose the latter.

I don't think I'll be having sex with anyone for a while. Your job here is done.

1860

Most Helpful Girl

• I think what matters more is the who, the what, the where, the when, why, and how - which all translates to circumstances and individuals.

Just having casual sex occasionally isn't inherently slutty. However, throwing yourself heedlessly at every cock and sexual request sloppily with no regard for your body or without a semblance of self respect translates as slutty.

What Guys Said 60

• I think this is more of a US attitude, and is a remnant of our country being founded by religious extremists (Puritans, Quakers, Barkers, etc.) who were big on judgement. These attitudes got embedded in American culture and eventually sent back out to much of the world by our media.

I have always seen sex as a natural, normal desire and, unless people are engaging in it in an unhealthy way, was fine and expected. I have no issues with the OP.

• It's true that the attitude is very different in different cultures. I'm Finnish but I lived in Manchester for a while. No one ever seemed to judge me in Manchester or in the UK in general but in Finland especially men are very vocal about how disgusting women who have casual sex are.

• Because people associate sex with emotional intimacy and sort of look at it as a sacred bond. People place a lot of value in sex. Value that differentiate from your own values. It's been like this since he beginning of time and it's based on basic logic. If you deviate away from that, then people are going to pass judgement. You sound like you're trying to prove a point right now. In reality, this rant accomplishes nothing.

I was a huge slut when I was single and people passed judgement all he time. I've been rejected because of sexual history. It didn't bother me.. they simply look at sex through a different lens than me and I accepted that. They can do them and I'll do me. Literally as simple as that.

Guys are absolutely entitled to reject you and pass judgement, and that doesn't make them insecure by default. That just means they value sex in a different way than you do.

If you're that triggered by someone calling you a slut, then don't be a slut. Participating in a bunch of casual sex makes you a slut by definition. My followup to that is to ask what's wrong with being a slut?

My point is that you can be a slut all you want. Own it though. Don't get all butthurt when people pass judgement.

• Slut in my opinion is a very derogatory term. Why is there a need to call me a slut? What does it accomplish other than making me feel bad about the way I am? Or is that just the point?

Why is the amount of partners the important thing and not the amount of sex you're having? Why am I a horrible person for having sex maybe once in four months when someone in a relationship could be having sex four times a day? Is sex really that sacred of a thing between partners. That seems like an old fashioned view point to me.

• lol you don't need a therapists to tell you what's going on in your head. It's self explanatory.. you don't have to experience heartache to fear it either

• People keep telling me to open up and give people a chance. I've never said no if someone's asked me out. But I'm the kinda person that if I don't feel a connection the first time, I'm convinced it doesn't exist.

• Because a casual attitude towards sex is linked to all sorts of negative traits. And while that is true for both men and women, there is a huge major difference: Women who engage in casual sex take a lot more risks (pregnancy, 4-5 times as high STD risk AND the risk of the guy abusing her and being a threat).

Essentially Promiscuous people have been linked again and again to...
    ... mental instability and higher rates of mental illness
    ... higher rates of STDs (It's a numbers game)
    ... be more likely to be a single parent (numbers game)
    ... have higher rates of abortion (numbers game)
    ... have less stable relationships and higher divorce rates
    ... have increased chances of having been in an abusive relationship
    ... be more likely to cheat
    ... be more likely to become addicted
    ... be more likely to come out of a broken household.

Want some sources?

cdn.freedomainradio.com/...iage_Partners_Study.pdf
    -> Page 19-25. Especially Page 24-25 is quite relevant.

www.everydayhealth.com/.../...eaten-longevity.aspx

medicalxpress.com/.../...partners-linked-drug.html

news-releases.uiowa.edu/.../061411paik_study.html

www.barbararisman.com/.../...earch_final_paper.pdf

www.ideals.illinois.edu/.../Saroj_Hardit.pdf
    -> Promiscuity is linked to sexual aggression.
    -> Page 59. "The number of sexual partners was positively related to parental violence."
    -> Page 70. "As the number of sexual partners increased, so did the propensity to sexually aggression."

http://www.bradley.edu/dotAsset/165862.pdf
    -> Page 4. "Perhaps the strongest personality correlate of risky sexual behaviour is impulsive sensation-seeking"
    -> Page 8. Promiscuous people are more likely to be impulsive, have low agreeableness, low conscientiousness, sensation-seeking and a higher level of sexual infidelity.
    -> Page 14. "People who describe themselves as more unfaithful tend to have personality traits linked to a lack of trust and empathy (i. e. low agreeableness)"

www.sociopathicstyle.com/psychopathic-traits/
    -> Point 11. Promiscuity is a common symptom of psychopathy. Goes hand in hand with the other study mentioning impulsiveness as it shows it here on point 14.

• ink.library.smu.edu.sg/.../viewcontent.cgi
      -> Page 8. Higher amount of sexual partners is directly linked to higher degrees of psychopathy, narcissism, machiavellianism and an increase of any combination of those 3.

genepi.qimr.edu.au/.../CV262Bailey_UQ_Copy.pdf
      -> Page 4, Table 1. (Note: Sociosexuality = Parameter for willingness to engage in sexual activity outside of comitted relationships)

To put it into my own words: I think promiscuity is a symptom of mental instability and is a way of self-destructive behaviour, just like i. e. Obesity (not physical-health induced obesity). It's a huge red flag objectively, biologically and evolutionary for anyone who wants a comitted and successful relationship.
      Thus there is no logical argument to me that promiscuity is in any way to be seen as positive

• Now if you think you are disgusting or not is up to you. As I said, it doesn't necessarily make you a bad person. And just because you have done things in the past, doesn't mean you will and/or have to do things in the future.
      Like I said in my starting post - while many people do not - people are fully capable of changing and improving. What you need to do is - instead of wallowing in self-pity and finding yourself disgusting - asking yourself what you want out of your life and what kind of person you want to become. If you have a child-wish it generally helps asking yourself what kind of person you want your child to be and then compare it to what kind of person you are.

• P. S. People will judge you no matter what you do. The moment you do anything that stands out for the better or worse you will be judged. That's how humanity works. And you do that as well. Whatever you are judged for doesn't really matter. I think it was Galileo Galilei who made a discovery during his bathtime and was so happy that he ran out of the streets... naked. Judgement of other people doesn't define, if what is judged is being good or bad per se.

The key where many people fail isn't about judging, but about being open-minded enough to give the individual a chance to prove your judgement wrong.

And secondly: Truth hurts. But lies slowly chip away. Rather have the patch pulled off fast than to have a slow painful experience that just sneaks up to you.

• I would never label you a slut or any other disrespectful and derogatory term. Anyone who does really needs to take a step back and realize that its mean and accomplishes nothing. I also understand you too have needs because I have the same needs. There is nothing wrong or shameful whatsoever about a woman being able to have sexual needs and to be able to enjoy herself fully when having those needs met. I guy who actually cares about you would want you to have that enjoyment even above his own. All that said, here is my problem with casual sex. Its not about my judging you but out of concern for you. Sex is an expression of love between two people of the opposite gender because during sexual intercourse, the mind of both people (especially the female mind) manufactures very powerful chemicals called oxytocin which bond two people and cause an attachment. This is potentially playing with fire when done casually. I know the girl I end up having sex with is someone I will have feelings for and undoubtedly those feelings will intensify as we have more and more sex. If I'm expressing this type of love and also receiving the same expression of love from her, I want a relationship with her or even at some point want my ring on her finger because she means something to me, more than the world.

• I'm aware of oxytocin and how it works but for some reason sex rarely develops into feelings in my case. I don't know if I'm wired differently or if I just deny those feelings but I've always been okay with having sex with someone and never seeing them again after that.

If I want or see a relationship with someone, I won't have sex with them very easily because I want it to be meaningful. Casual sex is not meaningful to me. It's just a way to fill a need.

• Fair enough. I wish you all the best

• I just saw your followup. I'm sorry you feel this way. I hope I didn't give you any ideas of feeling like a disgusting human being. You are not. You have great value in God's eyes. There is nothing wrong with having sexual needs and feeling a certain way. I said what I said in my original post out of genuine concern for you and I hope you are able to get what makes you happy and maybe some day when you are ready for love, find someone who will love and respect you as you deserve. I wish you only the very best sister.

• No one is against a woman enjoying sex. Its how she does it that is the issue. Sleeping around is bad, whether or not you want to acknowledge that is irrelevant. Just as certain behavior is acceptable for women to do and not men, their are certain things that are not acceptable for women and are (well tolerated) in men. The fact is men are biologically predisposed to avoid women who sleep around because that increases the likely hood of them raising a child that is not theirs either by her getting pregnant then promptly marrying some one who is not the father or her cheating (as she is statistically more likely to do the more partners she has). It also increases his unease in a relationship because clearly she sees sex as casual which would be fine except that if she gets pregnant HE is the one who suffers for it not her. In a relationship and in parenthood the man is more invested because its through his work that both the woman and child live and he is expected to fight and die on their half, something he doesn't want to have to do if the child isn't even his and she is likely to cheat on him (thus using him for his resources while going after other men while he is sacrificing everything he has for her). From a biological standpoint, a pragmatic standpoint, and an emotional well being stand point its better to avoid such women. Also the fact that it shows she is impulsive, that she doesn't consider the long term consequences of her actions which, again, will end up causing him suffering more then her, its not a very good situation. Then of course as I mentioned she is statisticaly more likely to cheat, to divorce, to be unhappy in a long term relationship, more unhappy with sex etc. again all of which is going to be burdensome to him and cause him suffering despite the fact that he did nothing to actually warrant being in that situation accept to trust a woman when she either lied to him about her past, told him she changed, or told him that the past is the pats and its not a big deal. Again, that's not a good situation to be in for a man. If you have no intention of being in a long term relationship then fine its not an issue but as with almost every woman, eventually you will want that and you will do what ever it takes to get that even if its to "omit" certain past actions or as you have already stated state that its not a big deal and that any one who judges you on your actions (the only thing they should judge you on) is some how "bad".

• I certainly do not view women having sex as taboo, I think it is great that you are having sex and having orgasims and you have nothing to be ashamed of.
    Sex is great and if you are having it that doesn't not make you a bad person and their really should not be any taboo for women who have an active sex life.
    I think the taboo in society at least from the males is jealousy. Men become demoralized when they are not having sex and a way to take out their anger is by calling women sexist names. Really deep down they wish they were the ones having sex with the women but they are to shy to say it.

• Are you serious? I wouldn't think of you as a slit or disgusting human being, not even close, simply because you engage in casual sex. Who's making you feel bad about your sex life?
    I honestly don't see any issue here. As long as one's honest and doesn't deceive or lie to people in order to "get" them.

• For some reason men that I don't know seem to be the most judgmental towards me. I know I shouldn't care because I don't know them but I get an urge to defend myself if someone is rude towards me.

• I see, I see.
      well that's interesting because It's not like I'm ignorant about the stuff that goes on but I wouldn't have expected that judgements regarding one's sexual lifestyle would STILL be made by others due to one's gender only.
      I know that many of those people who are not pro a free sexual lifestyle (casual sex) go all judgmental and blah blah. But I honestly don't give a duck what they say or think to be honest.
      In your case, I think there's a chance that some of them might be jealous or possibly even annoyed that you know yourself and would rather you just settle for a relationship just because it's "expected".
      Also, some might want to shag you.

• Because the more sexual partners a woman has the less likely she will find a successful LTR later on. After her first partner, who is not her husband, she drops from 80% chance to 50%, then it continues to drop until it reaches 17% chance to be able to have a successful marriage at 6 partners.

The same trend is also seen in men but at a much slower rate, for men it drops roughly every 19 partners. So a woman who has had 5 partners is "on par" phsycologically or what ever, with a man who has had about 100.

Plus the risk of pregnancy and disease, men likely have a evolutionary repulsion towards being in a relationship with a women he has a low chance of success with.

If it's women bothering you then they probably just don't like other women lowering the "cost" of sex, they dislike competition.

That's my guess anyway.

• www.court-records.net/.../bratworth-shrug(d).gif

"Why are women who enjoy sex still a taboo?"

You talk about women enjoying sex and then you go on to talk about you specifically engaging in casual sex.

I think you meant to ask...

"Why am I labelled a 'slut' when I engage in casual sex?"

It's because there's the notion that engaging in casual sex for a female is damaging for her in the long run. I could go on and on but main thing to take away is the implications of bad mental well-being are strong as many users mentioned.

Don't feel bad about your decisions.

Just make sure that whenever you do enter a relationship, you are as sexual adventurous with the guy you commit to as you were with the other guys you have causal sex with.

• What I meant to ask was "Why am I stupid enough to ask a question that will obviously have an answer that I'm not going to like and that will inevitably make me feel bad about myself?". I really don't know what I was thinking.

• I feel like I'm being judged on a stereotype of what women who have casual sex are like and that annoys me. It frustrates me that I can't prove that I'm not like that. It frustrates me that people are telling me what I'm like and there's no point in disagreeing because I must be like that based on the number of people I've slept with. Sure, some of the points that people are making are valid, it's not like I'm a perfectly balanced person. I care too much about what other people think to just let it go. I will at some point but right now all of these negative interpretations of my character seem disheartening.

• www.court-records.net/.../bratworth-crossed(c).gif

Ok, fair enough. Time will heal this particular wound I feel.

I believe you will come out stronger after this one. Take care.

• Aaight and my opinion you shall have!
    We live in a mixed world. (Old and new)
    The old ways are that sex untill marriage is taboo.
    New ways are that sex is more of a casual thing for people.

But most people are still living in between. People are enjoying sex before marriage. But what did it give us? "16 and pregnant"
    Did the world change for the better? Why did we start to Lust more and think less?

The big deal with this is. there is a lot of negativity about the new ways purely cuz there is a lack of intimacy. that connection with someone else. "Oh i like him, i wanna fuck him" is becomming the new motto.
    And those are the girls who are called "sluts". (don't get me wrong men are also wrong in this way)

Sometimes i think the old ways where a bit better, purely cuz then you had more chance of finding someone who would take you for who you are and would not expect you to change ur ways. you'd love each other no matter what as you've given ur life to the other person.

If i had to change the motto of the world it would probably be something like "Less sex, More Love". It doesn't mean sex is bad and you shouldn't enjoy it as much as you can. it just means people should change their ways of thinking.

the one thing i'm afraid of is that "slut or player" is gonna become irrelevant in the future and that casual sex is gonna be a very normal thing. But it can't be stopped and we will just have to see how it all turns out in the end ^^.

• it´s not a sexist double standard dude. nobody no matter what gender "likes" a partner that´s super promisquous cause you never know if they are to stay or if they are "clean"...

being promisquous is not a bad thing but you can´t expect a person looking for something more meaningfull to like that. doesn´t matter if you´re a man or a woman.

• As I commented on someone else's opinion, I don't think promiscuity should be idolized or seen as good, either. I would just want for it to be "normal".

I can respect someone's choice to not date me because of my past sexual behavior. That's completely understandable. What I don't understand is judging a stranger because of behavior that doesn't effect the person judging in any way. I feel like the people that are judging me aren't the ones that I would potentially see dating or as a sexual partner. They are people who don't know me and don't even want to know me.

• I just wanted to feel like shit about myself? Sure.

• well you chose to xD i don´t know why you would. you certainly don´t need to :D

• I honestly don't see it that way anymore. Values and traditions have drastically changed when this was a bigger thing back in 50s, 60's, etc. I don't think you are at the wrong at all or should be called or considered a slut at all. You are no different that a guy enjoying sex. Good for you! It is nobody's business and you don't have to tell anybody unless you want to openly or if they ask and you want to tell. Tell them, tell me your number of partners first. Have fun and explore yourself! I would never judge you or any other woman!

• Hey, you are not a slut for sure, i guess we live yet on that kind of time where men can do anything he wants and he is a stallion, he can dominate all females and he is number 1, these kind of feeling must end! why women can't do the same? Sex is something that shock everyone, but violence people clap his hands and support it! There are some barriers to be broken, mostly gender inequality.
    So if you like casual sex, do it, to me its not what makes a women slut, live your own life as you like :)

• "but that doesn't give you the right to denounce me a slut."

It does, people have as much of a right to judge your decisions as you have the right to make them.

That being said, what do you care what people denounce you as?
    You are being fazed by people's opinions solely because their disapproval of your choices undermines your subconscious faith in their "rightness".
    Obviously nobody wants to feel inadequate and they would much rather prefer to feel like they make all the right choices, sadly that is never going to happen because people will always judge you one way or another.
    You are allowed to complain, but it will have no use because this is an internal struggle.
    Don't bother trying to convince others, what you have to do is to convince yourself that your choices are the best for you, irregardless of what anyone else thinks.

• Because so many assholes still think that girls "lose value" for every guy they have sex with it. That idea sickens me.

• Because we do.
      Just because you like a woman who has been tapped by every other guy doesn't mean every other guy does either.

• @AnastasiaKing I don't like a girl who has slept with a lot of guys more than anyone else. I myself is a virgin because I haven't found anyone I want to sleep with yet. But how many people someones else has slept with does not factor into their character at all to me. I'm just looking for a good soul.

• I myself am*

• A lot of people are conservative and hold on to traditional values without questioning them. Historically, sex and sexuality (especially female sexuality) have been a taboo for hundreds of years and it's something that's ingrained in all monotheistic religions. By adopting these religions, or just out of some kind of cultural "moment of inertia", many people still keep adopting these values without realising how outdated they are and how little sense they make in our society. You're a living proof that one can live happily without conforming to their morals: thus, they either have to question their own worldview which is hard and uncomfortable, or they can keep adhering to it and get some relief by judging you and slandering you. It's their loss rather than theirs, if you ask me.
    tl;dr: Strong people live their life the way they want no matter what other people say. Weak people don't have the balls to do that, so they judge and slander instead.

• For the present era, I never knew that a situation like yours was considered taboo.

• It's not a taboo

• The term 'shallow' comes to mind. It's okay honey. But consider developing more character, and go for a nice young guy that has the potential to be a mate. All this frivolous bullshit is just that, and if you do this for too long you'll find out that it becomes increasingly difficult to find a suitable mate, perhaps even impossible.

• Apparently I've already cut my chances of finding a working relationship to 17% but thanks for the advice!

• Your self worth isn't very high. You need to develop characteristics that are high value to a LTR - cuz a high-value guy will expect it.
      Just exactly what do you bring to a relationship that would be considered 'high value?' And no, it's not a golden vagina.

• I don't go into relationships vagina first. For me sex in a relationship is meaningful and I would never have sex on the first date because of that. I'm not looking to offer "a golden vagina".

• I don't have a problem with it , if girls wants to sleep with someone or doesn't that's up to them , I see guys go out all the time and do it. So I don't understand why guys get angry , "it's like you're not in a relationship with her cool your jets" you know as long as you treat people right , I really don't care. If you're doing for self esteem then that's upsetting nobody should try and make themselves feel better by seeking attention from the external. But if you're doing it for a release and you enjoy , yeah do what you want and don't worry about others :)

• Ironically , it is mostly women that " slut shame " other women. You are NOT a " slut " if you enjoy sex , you are just in the minority of women , as very few women are into casual sex ( most can very happily stay celibate) , but you are absolutely right NOT to jump into a relationship for the wrong reasons !!

• Honestly it's been mostly men calling me a slut, not women. I find it surprising because I would think that women are more prone to slut shaming but it's been the opposite in my experience.

• It's more complicated than "just enjoying sex". When you start having casual sex, other women see you as a potential threat. Most men don't have a problem with it (in my experience at least). Other girls are subconsciously nervous about their partners or guys they are interested in getting no strings attached sex from you and so be more inclined to have sex with you because you don't expect a long term relationship. It's really a matter of supply and demand.

• I feel like it's easier to understand why women think it's despicable. But as I've already commented on the other opinions, in my case it's usually been men who do the slut shaming.

• That's what people keep telling me.

• That's what people keep telling me too. I know they're right. All I have to do is "Put my faith in God, but keep my powder dry." to quote Oliver Cromwell.

• Women enjoying sex IS NOT TABOO! I don't know why you think this.

Women having an indiscriminate number of sex partners though and then complaining that they can't catch feelings for a guy is something that should be laughed at though

• It's nobody's business but yours. You live your life not others for you. And you should really give less fucks about what people say.

• But why do you care what others think? You do you! Enjoy having sex - it's just right, that you are having protective sex.

• Honestly didn't think it was. The only time I feel anything at all is when people feel the need to tell me they had sex and it's not my business.

• Are they? Sex & The City or every Cosmopolitan cover ever indicate that it's downright encouraged to enjoy yourself.

• casual sex should be just fine... just that there is a need to hook up with right set of people... some are emotional who link sex with love... some feel totally fine... so before indulging it will be good option to just understand... and then head forward... hope it helps thanks

• it is good thing in my opinion.

• what happened?

• This feeling will pass and I'll either get rid of this "bad habit" of mine or go back to being the slut I've always been. But for now I'm just kinda in a limbo state.

• all the best. hope this feeling get away soon.

• Other women (and their boyfriend s ) call them 'sluts'

• More from Guys
    30

What Girls Said 17

• The word whore/hore used to mean femininity, caring, love, sensuality, desire.

Only very recently it changed its meaning to something negative.

Societies prior to ours like the Indus Valley, the women were free to walk around naked and have sex. In fact their prostitutes were given high statuses and lived in temples. Known as devdasi's.

Societies change. Rules change. What things were once normal become disgusting and sinful to another.

Don't rely on society... which is very fickle and changes all the time.

The true reason why sex is a sin is because it doesn't benefit the Elite if bunch of people just have sex all day.
    The less sex a society has the more they produce.

Even the monogamy and strict sex schedules produce a society that are good conformists.

• I don't think women enjoying sex is necessarily taboo. Some people simply have negative views of casual sex in general and look down on those who engage in it. These people usually have very strong values associated with sex. Some people believe that sex is so important that it should only be shared in committed relationships or marriage in more extreme cases, and therefore, when anyone engages in casual sex, it makes them "immoral" or "gross." That's not my personal feelings. I'm just trying to explain why *some* people are bothered by it.

Casual sex isn't my thing, but I don't look down on those who do enjoy it. My boyfriend was pretty promiscuous before we started dating and his past doesn't bother me at all. For some people though, it can be a big deal and these people have the right to feel that way, but that doesn't make it okay for them to be hateful towards you.

When you think about it though, it's not really different than any other aspect of life. There will ALWAYS be people who will judge you, no matter what you do. If it wasn't about your sex life, it would just be about something else.

You shouldn't let it get to you so much. Who cares what other people think? If someone calls you a 'slut' it's not the end of the world. People have called me every name in the book but it doesn't affect my life or change my attitude. Having thick skin can be VERY beneficial in life. At some point, you just have to decide not to care about what other people think. Keep being yourself and do what makes YOU happy, that's all that matters.

• I agree with you. Casual sex is not my personal choice, but I totally support your right to enjoy yourself.

• I think is usually women attacking other women for anything because they are jealous think about it. I mean if someone doesn't agree with you and turn around and call you a whore for enjoying sex or ugly when your not that just shows they are insecure and can't handle a rival when they are not your rival lol.

• Because it's a sign that she has no standards and honestly, if you're having sex so often with men you've never dated, that's the impression I get from you. But I get the impression from men as well who do the same thing.

• Some people are closed minded and that's their business, you are open and that's theirs.

If we live a certain way and don't care about others opinions we have to prepare for criticism, as long as it's not slander or defamation, ignore them.

I choose to be by myself but there was a time when I was like you, it was best for me. Just be safe and ignore the ignorance.

• I get an urge to defend myself when someone speaks rudely of me. I know I should just let it go but I'm too concerned with trying to change people's opinions.

• You have got to be trolling, maybe you're the one trying to make sexually liberated women feel bad about themselves.
      What you just said comes from the mouth of no woman who enjoys safe sex and has her reason to choose that life.

• I'm assuming you're referring to my update. I'm not trying to make anyone else feel bad. That's definitely not my intention. I just honestly started feeling really bad about myself reading all of these answers. I don't know what I excepted in the first place because now that I think about it, there's no way this could have gone well for me.

• Beause we are supposed to be "ladies" when it comes to that issue and that is what set us apart from men?

• Women enjoying sex is not taboo. People being promiscuous is taboo I think for obvious reasons.

• It's not except if you live in Saudi Arabia, Iran, or somewhere in Africa

• Because society still sees sex as taboo.

• Unconfirmed biological theory basically stating "bitches better not get outta line" is hugely popular on this site, be warned.

• It takes a while for people to get used to that idea. After a couple more generations, it's going to be acceptable by everyone (I hope)

• Ever bought a new car? The first scratch is devastating. The second scratch is bad. The third scratch is no big deal. But the 10th scratch, you no longer give a fuck.
    Not giving a fuck is a very liberating feeling.
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...91fde1f815.jpg

• LIBERAL LUNATIC

• i'm not from pakistan
      i don't even knewabout the place
      turns out my VPN location was set to pakistan when i made a profile here.
      But nonetheless you're really pathetic for discriminating on these women
      yet calling yourself a feminist.
      Which by definition means to help women
      but you just proved its bullshit.

• @AnastasiaKing

I asked you if you were a feminist.

• 1. Women will slut shame you because they are so very jealous of you, and they want to be you.

2. Guys will slut shame you because they feel threatened by you. What if those other guys had bigger dicks, or were better lovers than them?

Live your life the way you want and don't worry about the peanut gallery. It's all just a Grand Illusion.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nO62scTZ7Qk

• I despise sluts and I am definitely not jealous of you. Having a big dick doesn't mean having no standards.

• @rggfdgrtyty
      LOL You sound like a complete moron.

• You're perfectly fine. There still exists a double standard where women are called sluts for having casual sex, yet guys are celebrated as players for it. It's all sexist BS. You're not disgusting or a slut. You're a normal woman with needs and you're right, it is no one's business but your own.

• Well for a girl to get casual sex, she simply needs to spread her legs. For a guy to get casual sex, he has to be above average in some way, shape, or form. I don't understand how women on here completely disregard how much easier it is for women to get casual sex in comparison to men. The dynamic is a lot different and that's based on basic evolutionary/biological logic. Women by default are the more selective sex. This is why men are praised and women are shamed. It has nothing to do with this idea of a sexist social construct. It's like this for obvious reasons and I really don't understand how you're going to just completely ignore it.

More logic, the asker is by definition a slut. She matches the criteria of definition of what a slut is. I don't advocate this idea of demeaning women for being sexually active but I have to oppose your comment here.

• I'm not sexist. I have a girlfriend in whom I care about. I already stated that I don't see men or women as superior or inferior. I simply stated that I recognize we have differences. Which again, is factual. It's not just my opinion.

• There are differences in men and women with regards to physiology and gender roles... yes. However, none of that has anything to do with the social perception of inequality regarding sexual freedom. Men do not have an inherent biological right to have casual sex whereas women do not. There are no real world modern day facts to support this. This attitude of a double standard is based on the belief system men have been taught and perpetuate, as well as their own personal prejudices. They want their partners to be virginal and pure, yet want to screw around as they see fit. In other words, having their cake and eating it too. It's a form of sexism based out of selfishness and jealousy, nothing more. Differences in our biology do not excuse prejudice and inequality. If you feel that it does, then I feel sorry for any woman who becomes involved with you.

• it is not anymore

• If you go against the norms of the society you live in, you will have to accept the consequences.
    You can try to change people's opinion but that's probably not gonna work.
    You call people who can't control their impulses names in other areas as well. Those who can't control their appetite and eat extensively are called fat. Those who can't control their temperament and get angry easily are called crazy and those who can't control their sexual desires and sleep around are sluts and manwhores.
    That's just part of living in a society. You either accept and follow the norms and people call you normal or you go against them and people call you abnormal which is reflected in the words they use to describe you.

• But having casual sex doesn't mean I'm having sex excessively. I have sex way less than people in a relationship. I don't understand why it's wrong for me to have sex all together.

• I probably have sex once in three or four months. I don't just throw around my body to anyone who shows interest. Why do people think that casual sex also means no standards and no self worth?

• It's just the norm. There's no other reason to it. If you look around there are plenty of other people who are judged just because they deviate from the norm.
      If you're happy with the way things are you shouldn't care.