Is this considered rape?

When I'm asleep, or when he thinks I'm asleep, my brother will often come in my room and try to touch me in places that I am not comfortable with. If I'm awake, I'm lucky enough to be able to 'wake up', but I don't know how many times he has done this and how far he has gone when I am actually asleep. Is this rape? What should I do?
  • Yes
  • No

1343

Most Helpful Guy

• I am a lawyer and I could give you legal advice but that is not what you need. It doesn't matter what it is called. It is wrong and it is a crime. In my jurisdiction, penetration is not required for it to be considered sexual assault.

You are anonymous so I don;t know where you live. In the US, you can report this to your state's child protective services unit. That may have some unexpected disadvantages for you but it may still be the right thing to do. Would your parents be receptive to talking about this without having a meltdown?

Most Helpful Girl

• I worked for MOCSA (org to counter sexual assault). It is at the least sexual assault and incestual. You need to go to your doctor to have them see if there has been more activity below you are not aware of. You do not mention how old your brother is, but this needs to stop, as it can lead to worse behaviours through his life. You should discuss this with your parents as well, as hard as it is. You both need support.