I feel so sad. When will I meet someone who doesn't want just sex?

When will I meet someone who doesn't want just sex

29145

Most Helpful Guys

• It really depends on where you are meeting these people.

I met my wife online 16 years ago at a time when the internet was actually a more dangerous place than it is now - mostly because the majority of hookup sites then were inhabited by trolls - generally men - looking for a quick way to find self gratification.

Things have changed and some of my friends about ten years younger than me met their partners online.

What are you looking for in someone long-term? If you have a dating profile then look at what you say you're looking for. Be honest in it about yourself.

And - despite opening myself up for attack by saying this - how long do you wait to sleep with a guy? Take time to get to know someone and let them get to know you before bringing sex into it. Sex complicates things, it doesn't open up people.

• I don't know. There aren't nearly enough details here to make any kind of a guess.

But I will say this: in general (which means there are occasional exceptions), the more attractive a man is - whether that's purely physical or is from a combination of looks, wealth, celebrity, confidence, and charisma - the less likely he's going to be looking for a relationship, and the more likely he's going to be looking for casual sex with no strings attached.

Given that truth, I'd guess that you're pursuing handsome, popular, confident guys - the kind that lots of other women also find attractive and desirable - and so you are finding that they're just looking for sex.

You can keep doing what you're doing, and hope that you have excellent timing and that you come across an exception before another woman finds him, OR you can start going for guys who are a bit further down the desirability scale. I'm not talking about trolls, but just guys who lack the kind of confidence and charisma that draws lots of women to them. And because of that, you're going to have to do a lot more of the initial "heavy lifting" of getting the relationship off the ground. Those guys are going to be shy, and not likely to approach you - or not likely to be GOOD at approaching you - and you're going to have to show them your interest and help build up their confidence around you so that they feel comfortable enough to ask you out. If you're used to being actively pursued, this will be a lot different - but those guys are MUCH more likely to be looking for a relationship and much more likely to be a good, loyal relationship partner for you.

• HAHAHAHAHHAHA OHOHOHOOHH LOLOLOLOLOL HAHAHAH THERE AREN'T ENOUGH DETAILS LEWLWELWELWELWELL

• I agree with the poster, The problem obviously lies with you, Maybe the way you flirt or even dress, If you have tried all different types of men and they all react the same, There is a common factor there... you

• This woman is almost hitting the wall so I'd suggest her to take a good read at this post.

Most Helpful Girls

• There are characteristics about yourself that you can change to ensure men who only want sex are scared off/disinterested.

When meeting a new man make sure the loudest thing about you isn't your body/sexual conversation/sexual behaviour rather, make them see your beauty, femininity, kindness and eloquence. I say this because if the only thing you inspire in a man is lust, the only thing he will want from you is sex. If you inspire intrigue, solace, emotional connection, good conversation it's less likely sex is all he'll want you for.

The way you present yourself to the world makes a difference, don't dress in very provocative clothing, don't have all your skin on show. You can be feminine and attractive without being overly sexy. Make sure you're developing yourself and working on something. A life that doesn't revolve around drama, boredom or triviality but rather is full of excitement, goals, passions is much more attractive to a man. He'd feel more inclined and curious about you, if you enjoy your life with or without him. If your own life makes his more difficult, he's not going to want to be deeply involved.

Lastly, where are you finding these men? In clubs, bars, tinder? Not that 'relationship oriented men don't visit these places, but the ones that monopolise those venues tend to want a good time not a long time. Find men in places you already enjoy e. g. at your gym, at a cooking class, in the library etc.

Hope this helps a little. I'm not saying the problem is all you but there are things about you can can help make finding a relationship oriented guy easier for you. There are a lot of men who only want sex, weed them out by not 'giving it up' a the drop of a hat. Although some people may disagree with this standard, it's a pretty simply way to avoid being pumped and dumped. Avoid men who try to initiate a sexual conversation early in your communication. They're laying it on thick and fast because sex with you is all they're thinking about. Whether they want anything to do with you afterwards is an individual thing, BUT always easier to avoid men that behave this way.

• You are wiser then most it seems. You probably have more to offer then just your body. We like wise girls.

• @jean_A haha thanks :)

• Guys in general like to help girls. So if she is not happy, well that's just a reason to help her. Real guys ain't scared of that. But if you cannot be helped. Yeah they leave.

• It looks like a lot of girls have the same problem as you, I don't seem to. I almost always attract guys that are interested in a relationship, not just sex. It could be the sort of guys I go for though; I look for extremely intelligent men, with kindness and humor. If a guy seems more into himself than me, I'm outta there.

• @SaintRaghu That's not actually true. Children show altruism. Altruism happens across the animal kingdom. Are you familiar with selfish gene theory?

• A pleasure :)

• Both of you need to calm down. @SaintRaghu your comments are offensive and unneeded. If you have to resort to name calling then your points become invalid.
      I believe there is some truth to Astraea's claims, as people want partners that would at least invest SOMETHING into the relationship and therefore the other person. She has her standards, and since you need to be nasty, it seems you don't meet hers. I'm sure she's not crying over the loss. As I'm sure you do not think she's a loss to you.