Who benefits more from (heterosexual) friends with benefits relationships?

I think guys and girls should benefit equally, but I have the feeling that unless there's a lot of licking and light playing involved, the guy probly ends up the winner in most of these relationships.

728

Most Helpful Guys

• I wasn't thinking so much in terms of sexual shortcomings for the woman, though that makes sense, but my assumption has always been that it's mostly guys that benefit from these relationships because they don't have to offer any emotional support. Since guys typically seem to value sexual satisfaction first and emotional support second and women seem to be generally the other way around, it always seemed like friends with benefits was something a guy would benefit from.

And since I think most of these relationships are doomed to falling apart over (especially the woman) catching feelings or either party deciding to get jealous when one of them finds something more meaningful... I've always relegated them to the realm of male fantasy.

• I think yes, the man usually ends up the benefactor out of the two when it comes to these types of relationships. I think one of the biggest reasons why is due to the fact that men aren’t as affected emotionally as women are, so a man can keep having sex with a woman and go on without an actual relationship, but for a woman it’s not quite the same. I think women, in general, incline towards being in a long term relationship as opposed to something short term and uncommitted. Men can thrive better/emotionally healthier, and might even favor these types of relationships/setups more than other alternatives.

Most Helpful Girl

• Having had 2 FWBs, you are right the guy usually gets the most benefit out of the relationship.

But for me, both guys had voracious appetites so I got lots of sex. Lots of orgasms!