Who benefits more from (heterosexual) friends with benefits relationships?

I think guys and girls should benefit equally, but I have the feeling that unless there's a lot of licking and light playing involved, the guy probly ends up the winner in most of these relationships.

3|3

Most Helpful Guys

• I wasn't thinking so much in terms of sexual shortcomings for the woman, though that makes sense, but my assumption has always been that it's mostly guys that benefit from these relationships because they don't have to offer any emotional support. Since guys typically seem to value sexual satisfaction first and emotional support second and women seem to be generally the other way around, it always seemed like friends with benefits was something a guy would benefit from.

And since I think most of these relationships are doomed to falling apart over (especially the woman) catching feelings or either party deciding to get jealous when one of them finds something more meaningful... I've always relegated them to the realm of male fantasy.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think yes, the man usually ends up the benefactor out of the two when it comes to these types of relationships. I think one of the biggest reasons why is due to the fact that men aren’t as affected emotionally as women are, so a man can keep having sex with a woman and go on without an actual relationship, but for a woman it’s not quite the same. I think women, in general, incline towards being in a long term relationship as opposed to something short term and uncommitted. Men can thrive better/emotionally healthier, and might even favor these types of relationships/setups more than other alternatives.

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Having had 2 FWBs, you are right the guy usually gets the most benefit out of the relationship.

But for me, both guys had voracious appetites so I got lots of sex. Lots of orgasms!

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 26

• Guy always win
    Girls always lose in the long run and hide their regrets.

1|0
    2|0
  • It depends more on individual sex drive and emotional state than just whether they're male or female. You can cum buckets but if you feel lonely or unfulfilled afterwards, was it really that beneficial?

1|0
    0|0
  • When I am with a girl, I totally intend that she enjoys sex as much as I do. During our 30-45 min foreplay, using my fingers, mouth and tongue, most girls will cum several times, me none. When I put my cock to work, she will cum multiple times while I may only cum several times. It is her cumming that gets me excited and hard as a rock for the 2-3 hours we are together.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I feel like it should be based off of a mutual interest to explore the possibilities otherwise the guy is just getting way too much out of it for himself...

1|0
    0|0
  • Why wouldn't there be lots of licking and playing? Those are the best parts.

1|1
    0|0
  • Guys do, without question.

I think most women go down that route in the hope that something more will emerge out of it, and then get hurt when it doesn't.

1|0
    0|0
  • The one who has a zero emotional connect wins... Its not that the guys are emotionally dull... The simple yet confusing reason why I don't like or understand friends with benefits

2|0
    0|0
  • I'd be disappointed if she didn't cum too. I usually get my partner off first. Some women cum moe quickly after the first time. Most guys are the opposite.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the guys ability/want to satisfy her rather than just himself

1|0
    0|0
  • Interesting... I have never thought of that before. It would be something for a girl to bring up if she is in one though..

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 6

• Yep, typically guys unless girls make them do the tongue work. I try to make all my girl friends make sure they get continual good head from any fwbs they have.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would guess guys would be more content with the whole friends with benefits thin girls most of the times are more contend in a relationship. More then not you see one of them getting feelings and the other not.
    so it won't work anymore and one of the 2 gets hurt. Most times its the girl that gets feeling i think.

1|0
    0|1
  • Whoever keeps it casual is the one that benefits.
    The one that getsattached, loses.

1|0
    0|0
  • Too cliche to generalize. Each couple is different.

1|0
    0|0
  • It depends

1|0
    0|0
  • The guy. I was in a few friends with benefits set ups and the guys care only about getting off while if a guy is in a real relationship with a girl he cares more and takes the time to pleasure her. friends with benefits do not benefit women at all because there's no emotional connection that heightens the female orgasm.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes