Guys: why do you ask permission to masturbate to a woman?

This guy I like (we've been talking for a long time, but have never had sex due to religious beliefs) had an argument with me yesterday. It went from that to suddenly turning into very passionate and we both suddenly felt that shift while talking. He then paused and asked if I wanted him to masturbate to me... I was taken aback but said yes. I just dont see why he felt the need to ask something like that? I mean, I've masturbated to the thought of him before, but I would never ask him.. that would be really embarrassing.. Why do guys do this? He then asked how it made me feel -- the idea of him masturbating to me.

011

Most Helpful Guys

• It's a respect thing, masturbating to the thought of a woman without her consent can feel akin to sexual harassment, while it doesn't directly effect her, you are performing a sexual act that she is tangentially involved in.

• Oh.. I've done it to the thought of him before.. I never thought about it like that :/

• It's not like it's illegal, but it is something I have considered, and makes me uncomfortable when I'm in that gray area. It is likely that hell be fine with it since he asked you, but you may want to consider discussing that with him. Also my opinion is just speculation, if you want to truly know why he asked, you should ask him.

• If a man asks for your permission to do anything, even if it seems weird, it means he respects you enough to ask.

• hmm fair -- but he kind of posed it differently. He asked if I wanted him to do that. Is this a way to gauge desire? Curious because he should already know that I want him.

• I'm not trying to sound stereotypical here. But we're men lol, a lot of us are stupid when it comes to this. So sometimes if we are unsure about something in this category we get inquisitive to get our bearings. But he did it respectfully by at least asking. Even if it felt weird.