Girls, A question about female sexuality?

Why does it seem like the LGBT community is dominantly female?
On top of that, it seems that a very large portion of Heterosexual females are relatively flexible with their sexuality? (Sometimes I wonder if sexual orientation labels can even apply to females).
I have always heard that Lesbian Porn is the most popular category for female power viewers...

Is this because Female Sexuality is developed to be more geared towards non-hetero tendencies?
Is it some sort of societal/cultural influence?
am I simply blind?

What makes female sexuality this way?
Some of my own theories include that females care less about the sex of the partner, than the emotional attachment that can be developed. Also, I believe that culture tends to enforce some aspects of sexuality in women that it doesn't in men.. even through non sexual ways (for example how male/male friendships tend to be less "intimate" than female/female friendships)

What are your thoughts on all of this?
I have am asking this question specifically to females, because im only interested in a female response to this.

6