Why do people think Girls are not promiscuous?

I get a lot of hate for my opinions. I think most girls are promiscuous because that's what makes sense. A lot of you think I am wrong though and I would just like to hear your reasoning behind why you think that.

Because as far as I know...

Girls like sex just as much, maybe even more, than guys do.
They're just as horny.
They are comfortable having sex with guys they aren't dating (one night stands).
So how is it possible that girls AREN'T promiscuous? How does a 'Hookup Culture' (young people who get drunk regularly, mostly college kids, and have sex with different people every weekend) exist if girls aren't promiscuous? Who are all the guys fucking if girls are little saints? This isn't adding up!

My opinion is that girls are humans (animals) and naturally they just want to fuck! I mean, even girls on this very site say so, yet when I say girls are promiscuous people get mad. I don't get it. I can see how calling girls "sluts", or insulting them can be offensive but I don't get why all of you hate me for saying girls like to get fucked. Makes no sense to me.

So, wise people of this site who always seem to be much more intelligent then me, explain YOUR reasonings as to why you think most girls are NOT PROMISCUOUS.

*Being promiscuous means having sex with many different people*

129

Most Helpful Girls

• I can see how calling girls "sluts", or insulting them can be offensive but I don't get why all of you hate me for saying girls like to get fucked. Makes no sense to me - the term "slut" has always been targeted towards women who have sex with either one or multiple individuals. In order words, these women like to have sex. People only hate you when you say that girls like to get fucked because they often think that you're implying that you're calling them sluts.

'Hookup Culture' could have also existed due to the influence of different cultures that practice polygamy. In some Muslim countries, Muslim men are allowed to have more than one wife. Practices like this opened a door for young individuals to try just having multiple partners without marrying any of them.

Guys are just as promiscuous as girls and yeah, yeah, you never said that guys weren't promiscuous but your opinion was just focusing on girls. I agree that there are girls that like having sex with many people but I would not say most.

• girls are more promiscuous than guys that's why they get more hate.

• You need to have faith that life will have good moments...
      There will be people who walk into and out of it, but that doesn't mean you should close yourself off from everyone else just so your little heart won't get broken.

You can't keep denying yourself from living because you're afraid of being hurt. It's unhealthy and unfair to you. Just live and stop focusing on the bad in this world. After all, life is what you make it. The amount of effort you put into just living will follow you in your relationships and overall happiness.

• @BackBreaker Life sucks though.

• Yes girls like sex, doesn't mean they are promiscuous. Sti s can be very damaging for girls plus the risk of pregnancy tend to make girls more cautious. We also face more abuse for being so. Girls are also um self policing. I am fairly promiscuous and face just as much if not more abuse from other girls as I do from guys. Guys are also pretty selfish on one night stands so there's a lot less satisfaction on the girls part. I much prefer a long term casual arrangement as repeated encounters tends to mean more mutual pleasure

Most Helpful Guy

• Primary reason: Babies.

Yes, guys don't carry babies. So they just fuck and (If irreaponsible) run. Hence when social issues arises. The name of Man is tainted. Hence man are promiscuous.

But women carry babies. And any bastard child is considered socially as "unchaste", "whore"... So women are careful. They don't want to be labelled negatively. No one wants.

From the primary reason comes the social stigma as mentioned. From these stigmas come discretion in girls.

They look for love, security, commitment, etc before they want sex. So generally, even if a girl is horny, she would not want a ONS.

Finally, I think a strong reason is women's orgasm is not 100% associated with penile intercourse.

This means she needs to feel from the heart more than the flesh.

It is commonly said that woman can't orgasm from PIV alone.

So they can hold back the need for sex more than guys.

So with these, as a social group, women appear less promiscuous. But I agree with you, inwardly, they need sex (perhaps lovemaking) as much as we guys do.

• Get rid of the babies part. Modern women just abort the baby. Pregnancy isn’t an issue anymore for women. And intercourse feels awesome for girls so they still have one night stands because it feels good.