Why do people think Girls are not promiscuous?

I get a lot of hate for my opinions. I think most girls are promiscuous because that's what makes sense. A lot of you think I am wrong though and I would just like to hear your reasoning behind why you think that.

Because as far as I know...

Girls like sex just as much, maybe even more, than guys do.
They're just as horny.
They are comfortable having sex with guys they aren't dating (one night stands).
So how is it possible that girls AREN'T promiscuous? How does a 'Hookup Culture' (young people who get drunk regularly, mostly college kids, and have sex with different people every weekend) exist if girls aren't promiscuous? Who are all the guys fucking if girls are little saints? This isn't adding up!

My opinion is that girls are humans (animals) and naturally they just want to fuck! I mean, even girls on this very site say so, yet when I say girls are promiscuous people get mad. I don't get it. I can see how calling girls "sluts", or insulting them can be offensive but I don't get why all of you hate me for saying girls like to get fucked. Makes no sense to me.

So, wise people of this site who always seem to be much more intelligent then me, explain YOUR reasonings as to why you think most girls are NOT PROMISCUOUS.

*Being promiscuous means having sex with many different people*

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I can see how calling girls "sluts", or insulting them can be offensive but I don't get why all of you hate me for saying girls like to get fucked. Makes no sense to me - the term "slut" has always been targeted towards women who have sex with either one or multiple individuals. In order words, these women like to have sex. People only hate you when you say that girls like to get fucked because they often think that you're implying that you're calling them sluts.

'Hookup Culture' could have also existed due to the influence of different cultures that practice polygamy. In some Muslim countries, Muslim men are allowed to have more than one wife. Practices like this opened a door for young individuals to try just having multiple partners without marrying any of them.

Guys are just as promiscuous as girls and yeah, yeah, you never said that guys weren't promiscuous but your opinion was just focusing on girls. I agree that there are girls that like having sex with many people but I would not say most.

1|0
    0|0
    • girls are more promiscuous than guys that's why they get more hate.

• Show All
    • You need to have faith that life will have good moments...
      There will be people who walk into and out of it, but that doesn't mean you should close yourself off from everyone else just so your little heart won't get broken.

You can't keep denying yourself from living because you're afraid of being hurt. It's unhealthy and unfair to you. Just live and stop focusing on the bad in this world. After all, life is what you make it. The amount of effort you put into just living will follow you in your relationships and overall happiness.

• @BackBreaker Life sucks though.

• Yes girls like sex, doesn't mean they are promiscuous. Sti s can be very damaging for girls plus the risk of pregnancy tend to make girls more cautious. We also face more abuse for being so. Girls are also um self policing. I am fairly promiscuous and face just as much if not more abuse from other girls as I do from guys. Guys are also pretty selfish on one night stands so there's a lot less satisfaction on the girls part. I much prefer a long term casual arrangement as repeated encounters tends to mean more mutual pleasure

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Primary reason: Babies.

Yes, guys don't carry babies. So they just fuck and (If irreaponsible) run. Hence when social issues arises. The name of Man is tainted. Hence man are promiscuous.

But women carry babies. And any bastard child is considered socially as "unchaste", "whore"... So women are careful. They don't want to be labelled negatively. No one wants.

From the primary reason comes the social stigma as mentioned. From these stigmas come discretion in girls.

They look for love, security, commitment, etc before they want sex. So generally, even if a girl is horny, she would not want a ONS.

Finally, I think a strong reason is women's orgasm is not 100% associated with penile intercourse.

This means she needs to feel from the heart more than the flesh.

It is commonly said that woman can't orgasm from PIV alone.

So they can hold back the need for sex more than guys.

So with these, as a social group, women appear less promiscuous. But I agree with you, inwardly, they need sex (perhaps lovemaking) as much as we guys do.

0|0
    0|0
    • Get rid of the babies part. Modern women just abort the baby. Pregnancy isn’t an issue anymore for women. And intercourse feels awesome for girls so they still have one night stands because it feels good.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 10

• Most people disagree because you only complain about girls being promiscuous, when unless all girls are having lesbian sex exclusively, boy are promiscuous as well. I agree that some girls are promiscuous but Boys are promiscuous as well and things are not as bad as you think.

3|0
    0|0
  • Some girls might fit the criteria you've listed, while others do not. I'm pretty certain that you're wrong when you use the word most.

3|0
    0|2
    • A ‘Hookup Culture’ could not exist if girls weren’t promiscuous.

• And the same applies to guys. And I still disagree with your use of the word most.

• I never said the same DIDN’T apply to guys. Why do all of you always put words in my mouth?

I would think most girls have a “sleep around phase” where they just crave to get fucked by different guys. I could be wrong though.

• Because not all women are, universally, promiscuous, and you're an 18-year-old kid is assuming because people say they are, that they are correct.

I will suggest this short film on critical thinking that I enjoyed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=752V173e31o

It helps you detect bullshit, which, you are full of.

2|0
    0|0
  • Nobody is saying there aren't women who fit your descriptions just that you assume all if not most women are hoes. That's not true and I think its a small minority

2|0
    0|0
    • How can a ‘Hookup Culture’ exist if *most* girls are not like that? This doesn’t make sense to me!

• Show All
    • Most people have had a few hookups. That includes girls too. So yes the ‘Hookup Culture’ is mainstream.

• Well you seem to put a lot of the shaming on women. I still don't think it's mainstream but then again I don't know a lot of people and live a pretty mundane life

• your definition of most is wrong. take some of the most populated countries in the world where virginity is extrenely inoortant to young people. consider all the evangelicals and muslims orthodox jews who prize chastity. the majority of the world is not in a hook up culture. just bc the kardashians are on tv does not mean most people act like them.

it us a lot like the 79s. hippies were a very small minority of the us population. just they were the most verbal. so people associate the 70s with hippies, even though most people never knew any or were related to them. you can research this statistic. almost NO one went to eoodstock. it just so happened everyone who udentified as a hippie did so the crowd appears bugger then life.

0|1
    0|0
  • Everyone says I look to innocent to be promiscuous. But girls are for sure promiscuous I don't see why its even debatable

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah they are! Glad you agree. They’re way more promiscuous than most guys.

• Does me having a temporary sex partner make me promiscuous in your eyes? Just curious to know 😆😂

0|0
    0|0
    • Show All
    • "We are both going to ditch each other when we want to end the sexual relationship."
      That just makes both of you promiscuous.

"And I’m not going to switch up for someone else."
      So you'll live in celibacy from now on?

"

• I don’t really think either one of us are promiscuous. However I’m sure he’s going to jump to the next person whereas I’m not.

Pretty much. That’s what I was doing before 😂 and I’m actually happy with sex free life

• You need help desperately😷

5|1
    0|1
  • Jus listen to @ChronicThinker. She knows her shit

0|0
    0|0
  • Because

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 8

• Nah I think women value someone they have a connection with sexually than just the physical, since most women need some form of emotional connection to be sexually aroused I feel.

0|0
    0|0
    • absolute bullshit. Girls sleep around more than guys do

• You can say this with absolute validity? Sure some due, but I do believe the majority want substance more than quantity.

• Girls can definitely be promiscuous. Most? debatable. Plenty?, Yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Some are promiscuous, most are not.

2|0
    0|1
  • Most? I'd say roughly half.

0|1
    0|0
  • Hey get this, girls are horny too

0|0
    0|0
  • yes most girls are promiscuous.