What is the youngest you'd have sexual relations with?

Ok, so I've wondered about this for a long time, because nearly every time this question is asked, men (usually, but #NotAllMen) answer something along the lines of "As long as she's legal." And every time I see this, I'm gonna admit that I cringe. Because age of consent varies. Some is 18, other places it's 14, some places it's 12 even, and other areas there is even as young as 10 (and younger!) if they have religious "exception". So when I hear "whatever is legal", I feel that a lot of men don't have their own internal moral compasses, because the legal limit varies. I know I'm going to get hate for this, and of course I don't hate men (nor are all men like this because I've met many men who don't use the "legal limit" excuse and wouldn't even go younger than 20s), I just cringe when I hear that "it's legal, so I'll bang her."

So, honestly. What is the youngest you'd have sex with and/or date if there were no legal limits?

• Whatever is legal, 12 or younger even
  • 13
  • 14
    Vote C
  • 15
    Vote D
  • 16-17
    Vote E
  • 18-20
    Vote F
  • 21+
    Vote G

839

Most Helpful Guys

• Well, first of all I should say that sex and dating are two completely different things for me.

So, let's first talk about sex.
    I guess the youngest I would go - provided it was legal and happened with her explicit consent - would be around 14-15. If she was 15, I would feel pretty comfortable about it. If she was 14, I'd probably have some moral qualms but depending on the situation, I'd still do it. Somehow, 14 is like an important border to me. I would never go below that.

Dating is a completely different matter. When I date a girl, I am looking for someone that can talk to me on an eye-level. By that I mean a woman who roughly stands at a similar point in her life. For example I wouldn't want to date a girl who wants to party every weekend because I'm not at that age anymore. I also want a woman who is about as mature as me. So... the lowest I would go for a serious relationship would be about 25, which is 5 years younger than me. My wife is actually only 9 months younger than me and I think that's pretty cool.
    The upper limit for dating would be about 32, maybe 33, so 2-3 years older than me.

• I'm surprised someone as progressive as you would go for someone that young. That's literally half your age.

• I don't even consider 18 yr olds as adults, but that's when the US considers them legally and grants them many, but not all, rights. I'm in favor of the voting age being raised. You can't sign a contract with someone underage here. They can't own lands or homes. Driving with restrictions under the age of 18 protects them since many of them get into car accidents. I used to work for insurance, and the drivers with most violations were really young.

It is gross. You're arguing that fucking someone less than half your age should be ok. Or is. It's very gross and I hate pedo men since lots of older men harass young teens, thinking it's ok. It isn't. I'm not gonna say that finding teens attractive is wrong, but I will say that wanting sex from them is.

The 6yr old is essentially the same argument you're making. If it's ok for them to decide on their own to date and kiss, why is it bad for them to choose adults? Because you don't have the same mental capacities as a 6 yr old or 14yr old. That's why it's wrong for you to want to intervene on that action.

Ok, how about this label, child predator. There's a whole show based on this and that's the label they use.

I wanted to see how many sick fucks there are. Are you new here? I'm very judgmental. You're invited to comment but that doesn't mean that it's gonna be a kumbaya fest and you'll get no criticism. Sorry, not sorry.

Also, before you block me too, Athena374 sends her regards: "Hey @Buch can you pls do me a favor? Can you tell that BlueCoyote guy I said he is a vile disgusting pedo prick? He acts all high and mighty and then he says stuff like that? 🤣 That’s priceless. He blocked me cause he’s a coward."

• Okay, first of all, I won't block you. I think it is pretty sad you are such a judgmental person but hey, that's your problem.

As for Athena, I must comment on this. Maybe you're not going to care anymore because you already hate me now and lost all empathy but I must comment regardless. The reason I blocked her is because she claimed that I was lying about my disability. She said "sorry, I'm not gonna waste my time talking to fake blind people." Incidentally, she made this comment after I complimented her for her stances on feminism. In other words, her comment was extremely uncalled for. I did not bring up my disability to make her pity me, I brought it up to make a point regarding her question. The fact that she attacked me on such a low, childish level really shocked me and yes - it broke my heart. Because believe it or not, the person on the other side of your screen is also a real human being. I am currently going through the toughest time in my life, as my condition is incurable and I am going blind, losing so much of my life. I am coping as well as I can and it's a struggle every day. The fact that she would call me a liar regarding this issue was incredibly hurtful to me.
      Now think about it: who was the vile person here?
      Do I sometimes attack people on this site? Absolutely. But you will NEVER see me be such a soulless, coldhearted fuck to go that low. I will attack your politics, I won't bully you for something you were born with. THAT to me, is disgusting.

I'll leave the other discussion as is since I do not think it is worth arguing any further. You keep misrepresenting what I say and so I'm basically fighting against windmills here. I don't think you were trying to understand where I'm coming from and I can't make you try.

• I'm concerned with 2 things: how mature she (emotionally and physically) and how prepared she is to handle an unwanted pregnancy (financially, prudently, and emotionally)

Very few women below the age of around 30 would be suitable.

I can't read that map on my phone but did I read (with squinted 50 year old eyes) the lowest limit is 12? How many 12 year Olds can handle an unwanted pregnancy? Does anyone SERIOUSLY think a 12-year-old could raise a child?

Most Helpful Girl

• 20 is probably the youngest I would date or have sex with. Even guys who are of a legal age (I am speaking about those who are 18-19) I wouldn't be interested in because they would be in a totally different mindset from me. I'm out of college and working full-time, I would want someone who is in a similar stage of life

Note: Just to clarify, I don't have casual sex so anyone I'm having sex with, I would be in a relationship with.