Question about rape? Please read?

Hey guys, so tomorrow is my first gyno appointment, and I was assigned a male gyno. But, checking his name on Google, I am starting to fear that, instead of a really nice 40 year old guy that will make me feel really calm, I'm going to be facing a man in his 60s, and I'm getting really really nervous because, a few weeks ago, my friend told me that I was pretty much "begging" to be raped, because I sometimes walk home from work (it's a 50 min walk at midnight in the middle of a really bad neighborhood) but thing is: I'm really scared of going to this appointment, I really don't want to be raped or abused, and I don't speak up, so what if he touches me in a way that's not "usual" and I don't say stop? Isn't that consent?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• What do you mean "assigned"? Why don't you have a choice? In most cases you should be able to choose your doctor.

I think it's extremely rare for a male doctor to rape a patient. Most won't do anything that's not considered an acceptable medical procedure either, but unfortunately there are some who will. My own doctor, who I thought seemed like a really nice guy, lost his license after numerous women accused him of inappropriate behavior and I've read many articles in the news about other doctors doing things like that.

Most likely this guy will not do anything that's not considered a legitimate medical procedure, but looking at and feeling your breasts and putting his fingers in your vagina are considered legitimate medical procedures so if you don't feel comfortable with a male doctor doing that, you should insist on a female doctor.

0|0
    0|0
  • Can you send me a pic of this 8th wonder.
    I consider myself a connoisseur an expert in visual recognitionhn. ` Did you know that every on is unique. Just like fingre print.
    I think no matter what you'll be fine witch ever one you get. I don't think the Dr would jeopardize his career over one who ha.
    I still would like to know who told you that you've got the prettiest one on the face of the planet or something somebody must have told you something to make you think that just by looking at it that you didn't they were going to lose Consciousness and attack you

0|0
    0|0
  • If you are really uncomfortable, don't go. Find a female one as well.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you don’t feel comfortable ask for a female. You have the right to change if you don’t feel good.

0|0
    0|0
  • Troll.

0|0
    0|0
  • Strange...

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 10

• have your phone on you and record everything that occurs. and why, why and why do male gynecologists exist? they actually have patients? no waaaayyyy in hell am i getting a male gyno. no waaaay. i don't care how old he is, that is just awkward and wrong in so many ways. can't you change your doctor?

0|0
    0|0
    • 2d

No :( The clinic only has 2 women and their next slots open were in late February and March :( hopefully everything will be okay!

• 1st of all you're allowed to request a female.
    2ndly he's a professional and usually gynos will ask you to lay back, spread and will insert some things. so if it's your first time be ready that's going to happen.
    i always ask for a female. i just feel like she knows what's what down there and it eases my mind.

1|0
    0|0
  • there is usually a girl nurse in the room with you, that is the procedure.

1|2
    0|0
  • Male obgyn acutally take there jobs more serious that I've noticed. With my first son I had a female doc and with my second I had only males and I loved them. And a older one just means he is even more comfortable. Trust me you should be fine. Just remember they see pussy everyday, it's there job

0|0
    0|0
  • Not sure I´m getting your point, but if a doctor does or says anything inappropriate, just up and leave. Walk away immediately and report them to authorities. Do not tolerate that. I think your friend is quite rude saying you´re begging to get raped for walking home from work. However, it really could be dangerous, so maybe you could arrange to be picked up or take a taxi or something.

0|0
    0|0
  • So you're fine with a 40 year old but not 60? That's retarded

3|1
    0|0
  • I don’t want to minimize your fear, but very few doctors will risk their livelihood by inappropriately touching a random patient.

0|1
    0|0
  • Wtf...

0|0
    0|0
  • I understand is your first time and you are not familiar with the procedure. You see, he will only touch your belly ask if you have pains... if you are doing your paps... well he will have you spread your legs open, he WILL tell you what he will be about to do. He might take samples from your vagina and that’s it! Don’t worry about it; he is a professional. To a doctor is more important to keep their license, their reputation and their jobs than “raping” a girl. If you are not fully comfortable still, then take your mom with you and she can be with you in the room, it’s your right if you don’t want to be left alone.

0|0
    0|0
    • 2d

Thank you, I feel a little calmer :)

• 1. ASK for a female. They will allow it if you state your discomfort.
    2. Ask a male companion to help you at night time walk you home. If not, taxi.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes