Do you regret your first?

I always wanted to wait to lose my virginity to someone I believed to be worth it but I have recently come to the conclusion that sex does not mean love and now I’m afraid of having sex with someone and regretting it if the outcome is not what I anticipated. I’m afraid to trust a guy and have sex with him because the future is never for certain. Because the future is uncertain I think I also think maybe having sex with someone you find insanely attractive is just as good. My question now is should I lose my virginity to a guy that may like me now but may also break my heart in the future or have a one night stand with a guy who is hotter. What would you do?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 10

• That's stupid. In both cases you lose, but in the first scenario you have better odds of something good happening. Its kind of like asking if you should make a 50/50 gamble or just burn your money. Wait, find some one that matters to you, even if it doesn't last you will still be happy you did, the one night stand on the other hand, your going to look back and remember that moment forever and remember that it didn't mean ANYTHING to him, that you where just a hole for him to put his dick in, and you, you decided to be nothing more then a hole for him to put his dick in. That's never going to go away. If you treat some one as a casual sexual partner, you by extension are treating yourself as a causal sexual partner, they meant nothing and you meant nothing, they had nothing to offer you but their genitals and you by extension had nothing to offer them but your genitals. Not exactly the way I would go about it, but its your life not mine so you need to decide if that's worth it to you personally (though I don't know how it would be worth it).

1|0
    0|0
  • Don't be dumb by throwing it away. Sex doesn't mean love. Anyone who told you they're the same is just a lousy poet. If you have sex with a guy you should be thinking about what you'll do if you get pregnant. If you think "this guy will make a lousy father and if he gets me pregnant he'll just be a liability and cause lots of problems" then don't have sex. If you meet a guy who doesn't trip those flags and you hit it off then that's who you should be having sex with.

0|1
    0|0
  • Sadly, there's a whole lot of people that regret not only
    who they lost their innocence
    to but the timing and location
    of when and where.

That's why I'm so thrown off
    by this sudden rash of crush
    fanatics making bigger than
    life issues based upon whether
    their so called crush likes them
    back.

It's like naive children, one
    day they like strawberry pop,
    the next hour it's orange.

Don't make life altering decisions
    based off the heat of a moment.

0|0
    0|1
  • How about the option of waiting until marriage, had you thought about it girl? :)

0|0
    0|1
  • You're just not ready. And don't just fuck some guy to lose your virginity - it does have value. And you'll regret it for sure.

Find a great guy and develop a meaningful relationship. The sex will come naturally when the time is right.

I'm not getting this pressure for young women to lose their virginity. Such a waste. So much confusion.

And you'll break your heart several times in your lifetime. It's not the end of the world. For it is better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all. __Alfred Lord Tennyson

0|0
    0|0
  • My first was a girl who was very attractive, but I didn't really care much about her. I never regretted losing virginity to her for a moment, maybe only that I should have tried to lose it sooner, so that I wouldn't have obsessed over not having had sex yet for so many years.
    Honestly: virginity and the act of losing it is ridiculously overrated and there are all kinds of weird social pressures surrounding it. The first time probably isn't going to be very good no matter with whom you do it, so just make sure you're comfortable and it will be fine.

0|0
    0|0
  • I didn’t. I had fun

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't have sex in that case.
    I am Indian, and once married, there's no chance to be with someone else.

0|0
    0|0
  • I regret losing mine to who I did but I’m more experienced now & they say everything happens for a reason so I guess mine was a learning experience. But it’s in the past & we both have moved on. Lol.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• lol yes

0|0
    0|0
  • I do. He abused me sexually

0|0
    0|0
  • I’m waiting until I’m in a stable, loving and trusting relationship where I know the feelings are mutual.

0|3
    0|0
  • I went through the same mental process as you. I decided that sex wasn't that big of a deal and decided to hook up with the first guy that came along. I did regret it deeply because the guy wanted more than a hookup and I had no clue what I wanted other than just losing my virginity. I ended up in an unhealthy relationship because of this. My advice is dont throw it away but dont put it on a pedestal either. If you want to lose it yhat badly just date someone for a bit and see what happens. We can't predict the future or know what will happen, but you dont want to look backbyears later and barely even remember who the person you lost it to.

1|2
    0|1

Recommended myTakes