Boyfriend angry because I have to work with someone I had sex with?

I got a message from a guy I had sex with 12 years ago to ask if i wanted to do a freelance job for him. after some thinking, I accepted the job. Afterward I told my boyfriend that 12 years ago, I did have sex with the guy twice. Not a relationship. Now my boyfriend is angry because of it. Is it because I have to see the guy again? I will barely see him. Or is it because I didn't tell him immediately before accepting the job?

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• You don't "have to" work with this guy; it is a choice that you made, and you did not include your boyfriend in the decision. If I was him, I would be thinkiong about breaking up with you.

0|2
    0|0
  • Talk to him about it. Is he jealous, distrustful or what?

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• He's unable to realize the irrelevance of the information and somehow thinks you don't have the character or strength to avoid a situation in which this man might want sex with you. Some men really do not get that it is possible to be friendly, genuinely friendly, with someone you once had intimacy with.

0|0
    0|2

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• Your boyfriend feels threatened and insecure about the whole thing. To him it's the principle that you didn't tell him.

0|0
    0|0
  • given it was twelve years ago you may have been better to not mention it but i have to say your boyfriend is showing a huge degree of immaturity if he thinks something that happened so long ago will threaten his relationship with you

0|0
    0|0
  • He's just bring a child. There are more important things in life than someone who you had sex with 12 years ago.

0|0
    0|0
  • I agree with @olderandwiser. You should have told him. I'd have broken up with you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because he is being a clown at the end off the day it means nothing

0|0
    0|0
  • He needs to get over the fact you had sex with this guy 12 years ago.

0|0
    0|0
  • he's concerned you might cheat on him. before you go crazy-reverse your positions

0|0
    0|0
  • It's because your boyfriend fears that because you have had sex with this guy in the past that means it will be easy for you to be convinced to jump into bed with this guy.

0|2
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• I would never accept a job from a guy knowing we have history and I am with someone new.. I would not have liked it if roles were reversed but anyway, your boyfriend is worried you will catch feelings for him and it just may not be a good feeling for him overall. Try and remind him you will not see him much and how much you love & adore him.

0|2
    0|0
    • This is how guys want a girlfriend to act. Avoiding avoidable situations.

• Exactly.. always put yourself in your partner's shoes and ask what is best for them, not you!!

Recommended myTakes