How do you feel about your gender's role in sexuality/reproduction?

Male role: -more physically aggressive competition for mates
-libido is aroused more easily and frequently, as motivation to obtain mates
-refreshes/renews sperm regularly by masturbation or nocturnal ejaculation
-must work to acquire resources to support mates (especially during their pregnancy and breastfeeding)
-must work to be strong emotionally and physically, to protect mates in times of vulnerability
-must work harder to impress a potential mate
-orgasm during nearly every sexual encounter, as motivation to mate with as many people as possible
-must work harder to arouse a woman
-must work harder to give a woman an orgasm to exhibit that you're a high-quality mate (because the female body doesn't provide positive reinforcement to sexual relations with low-quality mates, because unlike for men, mating with low-quality mates can be deadly for women)
-has to deal with partner's libido potentially decreasing after childbirth because she's getting sufficient affection by breastfeeding

Female role: -works to be physically attractive
-more focused on building positive relations with other people, to ensure support while pregnant/childbearing (but also more bothered by negative relations)
-libido is aroused less easily and frequently, to avoid risking impregnation by nonsupportive/low-quality mates
-pursued by the opposite gender, who works harder to impress you (may offer free things & do things for you)
-body avoids orgasm with low-quality mates, but provides longer and more intense orgasms (possibly multiple orgasms) with ideal mates
-body refreshes uterine lining on a monthly basis (via periods) to ensure the best environment for a baby to grow
-experiences pregnancy, childbearing, and breastfeeding, which can be difficult/problematic but can create a stronger bond with the child

-

These are generalities, & there are exceptions to everything (e. g. I'm sure as hell not "focused on building relations"; I'm extremely introverted), but these are general trends.
  • I greatly prefer my gender's role in sexuality/reproduction
  • I prefer my gender's role in sexuality/reproduction
  • I kinda prefer my gender's role in sexuality/reproduction
    Vote C
  • Both are equally good (or bad) but in different ways
    Vote D
  • I kinda prefer the OTHER gender's role in sexuality/reproduction
    Vote E
  • I'd prefer the OTHER gender's role in sexuality/reproduction
    Vote F
  • I'd greatly prefer the OTHER gender's role in sexuality/reproduction
    Vote G

1543

Most Helpful Guys

• Obviously most people are going to prefer the gender that they are because its the one they know. Also men are not "more aggressive", studies have shown that testosterone does not increase aggression it increases protectiveness and competitiveness (which may come off as "aggression" but are significantly different. Also it can make them more suspicious (in order to be more on guard for potential threats). However both roles are what they are and they are necessary for our survival. While men have to make some of the biggest sacrifices and work harder to be valued, that also is what drives men to be more ambitious and is what created civilization and the technology we use every day. It has its benefits and weaknesses just as female roles in sexuality do (she is always valued comparative to men, but this means she has no real drive to develop herself or create anything lasting which is why for almost all of history its been primarily men who have created technologies and made discoveries, because women didn't have to in order to be valued, men on the other hand did. ).

• What I meant by "more physically aggressive competition" was that most murders (75%) are male-on-male, then male-on-female, then female-on-male, then lastly (about 3% of murders) female-on-female.
      The difference in murder can't be due to differences in strength, because if it was, then women would murder women more than they murder men. (Plus, guns enable even weak people to easily murder anyone, yet women's murder levels are still much lower.)

• @mistixs I'm sorry, but what does murder have to do with sex roles?

• That has nothing to do with masculinity. Most domestic violence is female on male, so what? The reason why most violence is male on male is due to disfunction in how said male was raised (usually fatherlessness) and is directed at other males because we are biologically wired to protect women. That still is an incredibly rare occurrence (16 thousand murders a year roughly in the US, within a population of 325 million. That is about.004% of the population i. e. insanely rare and cannot be used to judge men as a whole). Your taking an anomolie and stating that its the norm, its not. Again, if we look women are far more violent towards their spouses and children statistically speaking, so does that mean women are more violent? No because its still rare and it has to do with the individual not the gender. Hell if you look at serial killers we know that they act the way they do due to abuse at the hands of their mother, does that mean women are responsible for it by proxy? Again, no, this is a rare occasion which your trying to pass off as ubiquitously masculine.

• Wow very insightful. So, do you think the ideal mate is different for every girl or its the 80:20 thing, meaning every girl is likely to orgasm with superior quality males. In that case, I guess that explains why do so many women are so unhappy in long term monogamous relationships. In early human history a female would not do well with a less ideal male but now modern society has alleviated such pressure and less ideal men can also support families and women also work and there's other support. But the natural tendencies haven't changed and it doesn't pleasure a woman as much when she's with a less than ideal mate.

• Well, most men enter relationships, and most women DO end up orgasming during relationships, so I think it depends on the woman, which mate might be ideal.
      Another factor in female orgasm is the level of commitment that she and her partner have.

Most Helpful Girls

• There are a couple of issues with this.

Evolutionary science still isn't sure why women have orgasms yet, it's still anyone's guess at this point. So you can't say it's an integral role for men to make women orgasm. Over half of women don't regularly experience it, some of them never do, and they still reproduce with those men. Female orgasm is more specific to the individual woman, and not a skill that a man can develop and use in the same fashion with multiple women.

In the flip side, one major female role left out is "work hard to physically attract mates through beautification". Modern society often brands this is as something women do for themselves, but it's actually a gender role of sexual reproduction. Despite what anyone says, it's the reason why women wear makeup, carefully calculate their outfits, and do their hair.

• I don't see all of those things as particularly necessary, or gender based.