Labeling: Is It Good or Bad?

Why is there so much importance on labeling? Hetro, Homo, Bi, Metro, etc. Is it a sense of identity or belonging?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• i guess people hope that it will make it easier for them to find seuxally compatible partners but at this point this shit is so diverse and specific, that it completely misses the point. to me this labeling is mostly bullshit and mostly used by confused individuals who are desparate to find what they like/want.

1|0
    0|0
  • It has pros and cons.

I believe people feel the NEED to be identified as this or that, especially if they feel others aren't accepting them as that identity etc.

1|0
    1|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I think it’s two things. One to give yourself a sense of identity and two, a label give others something to understand.

0|0
    0|0
  • When looking for a sexual partner, you have to know what they're into. So for that reason, the labels are important

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Some of it can be useful like gay, straight or bi and other factors that will affect important aspects of peoples lives but a lot of it is attention seeking and/or pointless.

1|0
    0|0
  • Labeling is silly. But it's women on GaG who keep asking "Why won't he make it 'official'?" whatever the F that means. It's official when money has been spent on future wedding plans.

0|0
    0|0
  • Labeling is good but pansexual is an meaningless label because it's the same as bi.

0|0
    0|0
  • Labeling is for products not for people. Be who you want to be and do what you want to do.

0|0
    0|0
  • it won't make actually any difference.

0|0
    0|0
  • why do girls think they're in relationships with a man, if the two havent' had sex yet

if that's the case, then im in a relationship with all of my "girl friends", right?

0|0
    0|0
    • 5d

I don’t understand what this has to do with the question

• 5d

i think you do

• 5d

Explain then. Because the question is about sexual labeling not relationships. If you can spin this onto a problem with women, I wanna hear... it’s gotta be good

• Live and let live.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes