Labeling: Is It Good or Bad?

Why is there so much importance on labeling? Hetro, Homo, Bi, Metro, etc. Is it a sense of identity or belonging?

38

Most Helpful Guys

• i guess people hope that it will make it easier for them to find seuxally compatible partners but at this point this shit is so diverse and specific, that it completely misses the point. to me this labeling is mostly bullshit and mostly used by confused individuals who are desparate to find what they like/want.

• It has pros and cons.

I believe people feel the NEED to be identified as this or that, especially if they feel others aren't accepting them as that identity etc.

Most Helpful Girls

• I think it’s two things. One to give yourself a sense of identity and two, a label give others something to understand.

• When looking for a sexual partner, you have to know what they're into. So for that reason, the labels are important