A question for pro-lifers, do you agree with this woman?

I can understand the standpoint of most pro-lifers but this is taking it too far, it does not feel fitting to call yourself a real "pro-lifer" if you discriminate life like that.A question for pro-lifers, do you agree with this woman?
  • YES
    Vote A
  • NO
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Honestly, I feel like most pro-lifers discriminate like that. Well the ones I've met and spoken to do that. That post reminded me of a woman's abortion story I read. She had a 1 year old and was pregnant with her second. Unfortunately if she went through with the pregnancy she would have died. So she had an abortion so her first child wouldn't be without a mother. I wonder what this person would say. Is she still heartless for having the abortion even though it would have killed her and left her other kid without a mother? I feel like a lot of pro-lifers just flip over the fact that a woman had an abortion but they don't stop to hear why. There are good reasons to have, like the woman in the story, and there are bad reasons to have one (oh I don't want to use birth control, I'll just get an abortion if I get pregnant) but pro-lifers just want to judge first they don't care about the story.

1|1
    0|0
    • 2 d ago

Well said!

• 2 d ago

Thanks 🙂

• 2 d ago

My Nana of a strong Christian faith her father founded the first Bible college in my city had an abortion because her doctor told her she could die during labor ( heart condition). She lost her own mother to T. B when she was only 4 and didn't want her three son's to grow up without their mother (her).

• The fact that infant mortality rates are quite high world wide www.worldatlas.com/.../...ant-mortality-rates.html even the USA doing poorly destroys the prolife argument that life is sacred. If god is happy to kill babies that are wanted then we cannot judge women who need to abort often with good reason

0|1
    0|0
  • The pro-lifer would respond that someone who values the mother's life over the baby's is discriminating, while the pro-lifer is being equal--those who want to kill humans do not deserve life, no special exceptions for anyone. There are pro-lifers who do not want to kill anyone, even murderers. They are quite rare, though, and hard to find. They also tend to be anti-militarist pacifists and oppose the death penalty. It is known as "Consistent Life Ethic" (https://en. wikipedia. org/wiki/Consistent_life_ethic).

Liberals and conservatives both hate them.

0|0
    1|0
    • 1 d ago

That is the point, people confuse being "pro-life" which includedls all life and simply being "anti-abortion". Two separate concepts.

• It’s poorly written, but I do think that’s it’s pretty crazy that we live in a society that openly accepts women killing their babies because of their inability to practice safe sex. Adoption is always an option if you can’t provide.

0|0
    0|0
    • 1 d ago

1) Birth control is not 100% safe
      2) Fetuses are not babies
      3) There are already so many orphaned kids waiting and if you bring up couples who can't conceive - that is a viable option for those who are willing to stay pregnant and give borth and many are not.

• Show All
    • 1 d ago

It’s just astonishing as to how this is so acceptable in society. I feel like I’m living in the twilight zone. It’s a strange concept to me that taking a life is just handled like nothing.

• 1 d ago

The pill is 99% effective, the condom about 93% and other birth control methods just go lower and lower. Mistakes happen and women should be able to choose how to deal with those mistakes as those are their body, robbing a woman of her autonomy is against human rights.

• I don't want a woman who supports abortion to take her life. It doesn't get me any closer to my goal of making abortion end.

0|0
    1|0
    • 1 d ago

So what you are saying is that your goal as a man is to have control over women's reproductive rights.

• Show All
    • 1 d ago

Have I been blocked yet? I'd love to debate this

• 1 d ago

we can discuss this pm

• if you can't legally commit suicide, but you can legally kill your child -clown world

1|0
    0|1
    • 2 d ago

you can't be punished for commiting suicide tho and yes, you are the governments property that's why

• Show All
    • 2 d ago

you are right about being government's property... under admiralty/maritime law, but you still have the ability to denounce citizenSHIP and become a statesman and be part of the law of the land

• 1 d ago

Yeah, not being able to protitute is stupid.

• Not pro life. But nobody can call themselves pro life and think that’s ok.

3|0
    0|0
  • I am definitely pro-life, with some exceptions I may one day have to explain to The Creator. But I don't care for zealots.

0|0
    0|0
  • Her life is not her's to take and neither is the babies.

0|0
    0|0
  • whoever wrote that should’ve been aborted tbh

4|2
    0|0
  • It's a tad extreme, and very poorly written.

1|0
    0|0
  • Aborting a child doesn't make a woman heartless

2|0
    0|0
  • A bit too far. But I feel the same about other murderers, so maybe she's right.

0|0
    0|0
    • 2 d ago

And yet they preach about sanctity of all life and reprimand people for "playing God", that sound very hypocritical in this situation.

• Show All
    • 1 d ago

But then someone could just start street shootings and go unpunished, turn up at anyones door and kill them to rod them, most robberies take place without killing because that is a heavier crime and harder to get away with.

• 1 d ago

Maybe we should just amend the law to only make it legal if you have a good reason to kill them. Not just because you wanted to. Like if they threaten your life or commit a crime against someone you love. That way we could hunt down rapists and molesters instead of letting them continue to hurt people while living safely in our neighborhoods.

• So, I wonder if that same woman was raped, how she'd feel about it

2|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes