Why does my boyfriend feel confident during sex but after finishing he becomes self conscious?

Anonymous
My boyfriend and I had sex several times and it’s been naked sex. I love looking at his body and I want him to know that it’s perfect to me. I do tell him how sexy he looks and how very handsome he is and I also kiss the areas he’s self conscious about. But always after we are finished having sex he changes.
I could be naked in the shower and I would ask him to give me my body wash or soap (not intentionally cause I tend to be forgetful) and he would peer behind the door and close his eyes giving the soap to me.. Or even when I’m naked around him when he’s not horny he tends to grab an oversized shirt and make me put it on. Or after we have sex he immediately gets dressed or heads into the shower quickly and locks the door and gets ready in there..
We’ve been together for three years and I don’t know how to react to this cause this is a first. He wasn’t like this before. He would show off his body in front of me and I would show my body off to him. Now it’s like he’s self conscious about it and I can’t seem to ask why because even if I do ask he says he’s shy... like we had naked sex I’ve seen him as he is.. I don’t understand what happened. Any ideas or opinions?
0
1