What is your stance on hookup culture? Do you embrace it? Shun it?

CoolGuyJoe
Hooking up can be seen as a way to enjoy sex without having any other qualities of a relationship, such as talking about your future together, meeting friends and family, or spending time with your partner on a regular basis.

I myself am someone who doesn't participate in hookup culture, which is to say that I don't search for a connection founded on the unspoken implication of sex. Dating apps like Tinder are an example of what I mean. You talk, meet, enjoy an afternoon or evening, have sex, and then part ways for the time being. Despite the obligatory liking you have, you aren't invested in each other's lives.

If I meet a chick I click with through a mutual interest like a hobby or career, I'm not opposed to having sex after knowing her for a bit. If the time comes, it will be followed by a conversation about what we are going forward. If we agree to not become a couple, I would be okay with continuing a friends with benefits relationship because I met her outside of a "traditional" hookup scenario.

What is your stance on hookup culture? Do you feel like something is lost, or do you feel like it's a normal thing for an adult partake in? If you regularly search for hookups, share what that means for you. If you've been part of hookup culture but no longer are, share your thoughts as well. โœŒ๏ธ
1
3