Do you think that lately most people are really obsessed with their physique and how they look?

Anonymous
Photo posted on a public social media site of person I know.
Men and women but I had seen men most latrely. I mean like the physical stuff is what most important in the person life, not the inner beauty, their attitude, their personality, but theY focus so much on their outer beauty that they forget really who they are as a person (most not all but the majority). This is not a healthy trend and younger generations in this era believe how you look is more important than what you are as a person. Of course advertising does not help much cause they want to sell us something that it is not real and we are not perfect but people believe them very much like what they do is the perfect stuff. We wnt to emulate bodies we ssee on the inernet, magazines, TV, movies that maybe we can't achieve that kind of perfection only if you get some plastic surgery and have a lot of money for that that at the end you are all fake and artificial, not natural and pretty still.

Lately I had seen so many teenagers obessed in their looks that it is sad. I had a teenage cousin who since the pandemic of course he had been staying in his house so he took advantage of that and strted to work otu. Ok that is very good, to stay active, but he was never overweight or obese. So for the last 8 months he became a little obsessed with exercise and he started to consume protein supplements, only drinks water for beverages, he watch what he eats and he started going to the gym 5 days a week for 2 hrs to become ripped and chissled. Even when he is out on vacation he needs to find a place or a gym to work out. He does not have a car or work to pay and go to the gym. His dady pays him the membership, drops and picks him up 5 days a week after his workout regime. He used to have a new girlfriend this year but I believe he broke up with her as he no longer post on his social media account photos with her now he only posts photos of his physique, his total body with
1 y
muscles, everyday he posts something about his body. My cousin is only 18!!

Now there is friend who is much older he is like 40 another who is super obsessed with his body. He is a ripped guy who is in the body building thing and now he works to become more big than he was before. And each day also on his public social media accoutn, justs photos of him flexing here and there, selfies here and there of his body (Im attaching photo of this guy here). In this photo, he posted it on IG and he...
1 y
named that photo collage "Top 9 2020"

So I wonder it is fine if you are active and move anything that make you move, but dont make it an obession cause that is no good. Inner beauty is what it matters, the outer beauty is important but not the most important thing. It is ok if y ou dont work out one or 2 days or you eat something forbidden one day, nothing will happen, chiil out and stop being that obsessive,, not everything is about the looks.
5
0