1 mo

My daughter started saying bad words when she heard me talk dirty to my husband when we were doing it. How do I backtrack/teach her to speak cleanly?

Anonymous
I'm someone who thinks having clean language is a good trait and I strive to make sure my language is as such. The exception is when Im in bed with my husband. I love dirty talk. Whenever we're doing it I get a filthy mouth. However, I feel OK with that as I think talking dirty during sex is the exception to the 'clean language' rule.
I try to teach my kids to have clean language. However, the other day I got a call from one of my kid's teachers telling my youngest daughter swore up a storm. When I asked her where she learned it she told me it was from me. Apparently I wasn't as quiet as I thought and she heard me when I was doing it with my husband. I'm in a real tricky situation. How do I teach my daughter that clean language is important, but the context I was saying those things in was very different and not something she'll be able to do until she's older?
My daughter started saying bad words when she heard me talk dirty to my husband when we were doing it. How do I backtrack/teach her to speak cleanly?
Add Opinion