1 mo

My daughter started saying bad words when she heard me talk dirty to my husband when we were doing it. How do I backtrack/teach her to speak cleanly?

Anonymous
I'm someone who thinks having clean language is a good trait and I strive to make sure my language is as such. The exception is when Im in bed with my husband. I love dirty talk. Whenever we're doing it I get a filthy mouth. However, I feel OK with that as I think talking dirty during sex is the exception to the 'clean language' rule.
I try to teach my kids to have clean language. However, the other day I got a call from one of my kid's teachers telling my youngest daughter swore up a storm. When I asked her where she learned it she told me it was from me. Apparently I wasn't as quiet as I thought and she heard me when I was doing it with my husband. I'm in a real tricky situation. How do I teach my daughter that clean language is important, but the context I was saying those things in was very different and not something she'll be able to do until she's older?
10
1