+1 y

Were you ever a virgin or late bloomer to a later age due to lack of opportunities?

This is probably more aimed to guys, but have you ever not had much luck with the opposite sex until a later age not because you are undesirable but because you had a hard time meeting someone from the opposite sex?

For example. I was a little shy in college so that attributed to it somewhat, but more often than not I didn't have many women to meet in the first place. My first 3 years of college, I commuted from home and it was anti-social for the most part. The only way I met people was by the smoking section or in clubs and the girls I were interested in weren't interested or were taken. I used to think I'd never find anyone then my friend suggested a dating site. At first I thought it was a dumb idea, but I like it because you meet so many women or guys that you wouldn't have met otherwise and it's easier to find out who has more interests.

I started having dates with women when I was 21 and then once i went away to college. I got with more women, not that I'm trying to brag about it. A lot of women that were decent or cute started approaching me and it became a lot easier. Lost my virginity at that point too. That being said, I still use a dating site to meet women now that I'm finished with college because I'm back at home and working for the most part and when I go to bars it's mostly girls i went to high school with, which I don't care to pursue.

I think where you live and where you go makes a huge difference. Plus sometimes you have to go through a lot of rejection to find someone interested. It is what it is.
+1 y
Another thing I forgot to mention was during community college, the only parties I'd go to where my friend's parties. I enjoyed them a lot but it was mainly guys there and the only girls around were my friend's girlfriends. It was very hard to meet
+1 y
women that way. So I think lack of opportunity played a big role in that unlike when I went away to a university because more women started approaching me.
3
2