What's your experience with birth control?

I kind of want to start taking pills but I've heard it actually makes a lot of women feel awful and also ruins their sex drive?

I've always used condoms or trusted my luck lol, and was actually "adviced" not to take the pill so I'd be forced to use condoms but ehhh I don't wanna have kids... plus it could help with my period too, I think?

• It's great!
  • I hate it!

111

Most Helpful Guy

• granny is cool idea... you don't wanna kids... but some times condom is bad in sex...

Most Helpful Girl

• I've had lots of experience. I started with the patch with I was 14, after a few months I grew allergic to the adhesive leaving square shaped scars on my back and thighs for a long time.
    Next was loestrin24fe. This was my holygrail pull until college.
    University life wreaked havoc on my schedule so I switched to the nuva ring, but it was uncomfortable and sex felt like a ring toss.

Moved to the mini pill- which I got pregnant on despite perfect use.

Next came an iud hurt like hell going in and came out two periods later.

This lead me to taking a break from birth control.

Tried birth control again earlier this year. Lo loestrin, which I thought would be fine since the loestrin24fe (no longer made) was my holy grail pill. Wrong! Bled two months straight and had the worst mood swings imaginable, I would cry at least 3 times a day because of a TV ad or song on the radio.

Now I'm on ortho novum 777, so far no ill effects and I'm not pregnant.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 10

• I've tried two different hormonal birth control pills. The first gave me horrible painful breakouts that were totally unmanageable, and the second made me dizzy and queasy to the point of not being able to go about my life. Both of them caused loss of sex drive and messed with my emotions. I'm now using a Paragard IUD to avoid the side effects of hormones.

• I had to stop taking the pill because I completely lost my sexual desire and my emotions went completely numb - I had a mild depression.

• I'm afraid to use birth control. I've heard many things like it causes infertility, which I'm not knocking because so many women are infertile.

• I use the mirena it's a miracle worker

• I've used Depo, Plan B, and condoms... I'm sticking to condoms from now on. I can't take any other kinds.

• I took the pill and it made me crazy basically. I then got the depo shot and my period has been 2 months long. I don't recommend.

• I love my pill

• Do you have any side effects?

• No.
      It mostly eradicated my migraines, it made my period regular and much less excruciating, it helped my acne, and I've had zero pregnancy scares in years of being on it.

• That's great! thanks

• I started getting the shot 3 years ago and since the beginning of this year i haven't had a period, i haven't needed it except once and when i tried to stop taking it i felt horrible

• What do you mean by horrible? does it act like a drug or did your hormones go crazy? what about pills?

• It made me noxious and i felt sick like my stomach was in knots. My hormones are wacky sometimes but for the most part stable. I haven't used the pills because I'd forget about them but the shot is once every 3 months

• Damn.
      Yikes knowing myself, I'd forget too lmao but I might try

• I have an implant, and it's fine

• If you're going to have sexual intercourse then you should be on birth control. There is no way in heck that I would ever have sexual intercourse without being on birth control. And he'd have to wear a condom too. I'd be super paranoid about that!