How can she be pregnant when we used condoms if she didn't cheat?

My girlfriend is pregnant but we have used condoms when she ovulated so does that mean she has cheated on me now and it's not my baby? I don't want to ask her in case she hasn't and I don't think she would do something like that, but how is it possible if not? She said you can get pregnant once a month two weeks after a period so we have used condoms that whole week and it hasn't broke or anything like that, so it shouldn't be possible that it's by me should it?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• When used 100% correctly (which people don’t do as often as they think) condoms are only 98% effective against pregnancy.
    Also, unless she’s temping her cycle there is no way to know when her fertile week is, and based on your description you guys have no idea how to use the timing method to know when to use condoms.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• "She said you can get pregnant once a month two weeks after a period so we have used condoms that whole week and it hasn't broke or anything like that, so it shouldn't be possible that it's by me should it?"

And you didn't use condoms the other times? Brilliant.
    Tracking ovulation isn't easy (and no, two weeks after ovulation isn't a good indicator by any means) especially when the woman is young and her cycle can fluctuate from the physiological changes that take place in the earlier periods of sexual maturity.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 9

• You can get pregnant at any time really. There are times when it's a higher risk than others but you should never assume it's 100% safe. She could have gotten pregnant from one of the times you didn't use a condom, even if you used the pull out method. Either way, condoms are not 100% reliable either, they do occasionally fail.

1|0
    0|0
  • Condoms aren't 100% safe. You should know that if you want to have sex.

1|1
    0|0
  • Maybe the condom moved or there were tiny holes on it.

1|0
    0|0
  • YOUR semen got loose and close enough to get inside her SO SORRY

0|0
    0|0
  • condoms aren't 100% reliable... accidents happen
    but if you really think she cheated on you then ask her directly

0|0
    0|0
  • Have you never heard of condoms splitting?

0|0
    0|0
  • Condoms are not 100%

1|0
    0|0
  • Maybe your condom broke

1|0
    0|0
  • Condoms can break my friend

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 13

• 1) DNA test that shit
    2) Condoms aren't 100% safe. Just 99%. Small chances, but totally still happens

0|1
    0|0
  • You can get pregnant ANY TIME. even during her period. The timing method you described makes it less LIKELY that you will get pregnant but it is far from foolproof.

0|0
    0|0
  • "we used condoms that whole week"

Dude... you gotta use them all the time if she's not on the pill.
    Even then it's risky

Do you know how long sperm stays in the female body?

0|0
    0|0
  • xD you must be unlucky few of the hundreds people who use condoms cuz remember the protection of the condom is only 98.75% so there is a chance of few people still getting pregnant my friend.

0|0
    0|0
  • condoms are not guaranteed. You can still get pregnant while using them.

0|0
    0|0
  • if u werent using them the whole time there's a high chance its urs even wen using condoms they aren't 100 effective

0|0
    0|0
  • it doesn't matter if you used condoms she can still be pregnant they dont always work

0|0
    0|0
  • Since when u figured out wearing condom is 100% safe? It's too early to judge her loyalty...

0|0
    0|0
  • Shit happens. Condoms break. Get a paternity test

0|0
    0|0
  • Hey. FYI. Condoms are not 100%

0|0
    0|0
  • Cheated Bru sorry

0|0
    1|0
  • Condoms are not 100%safe but there is chance of she cheating on u, ask her if she say she didn't and u dont trust her, say her u can't make a baby because ur born that way and wait for answers, maybe shell tell truth, if not say u were joking
    *its risky, do it on ur own*

0|0
    0|0
  • If you are an alpha male women will want your genes for their babies.

I've heard stories of women grabbing the condoms their boyfriends just used with them, telling their boyfriends they are going to throw them away, but they actually try to inseminate themselves with their semen. It's really fucked up but things like this can happen.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes