What is a good lubricant with a lower chance of an allergic reaction?

This may sound strange, but when having sex, what could make it feel rough (sandpaper effect) if the girl isn't dry? The discussion of using a lubricant was brought up, but I'm allergic to something in the KY liquid. If you don't know what you're allergic to, how do you address this delicate issue?

Also, its a good thing if he is trying to put the girls personal needs before his own, when it comes to sex, right?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 11

• Google ‘carrier oils’. Any of them should work. Examples: sweet almond, hazelnut.

I would not buy online unless it’s from a store that focuses on natural ingredients. Best bet is to go to a local natural store. And buy the better quality stuff organic certified stuff. Should be under $10-13 for 32 ounces last time I checked.

• I'm just trying to figure things out on my own for the most part, because the nearest place to me is my local grocery store and they do not carry anything other than KY... but I'm gonna let my guy go and get the stuff.

• Yeah, I figured... usually the case.

• I found out a long time ago that I was allergic so Ky so I had stopped using them altogether. I never bothered to look up the actual ingredients/chemical. But my guy is wanting to try new things that require a lot of this stuff... so thats why I was asking about it.

• It doesn't hurt to put a woman's needs before your own. It's a two way street through y'all need to be considerate of each other's needs.

As for what lubricant you should use, you need to know who is allergic to what. There are a lot of different variations of lubricants. Some brands will sell sample packs to let you try different kinds of lube. Pay attention to the ingredients and you can eventually isolate what you or your partner is allergic to. If you are using condone, your partner may be allergic to latex.

If you have the money, go to a doctor and properly get evaluated.

• Condoms dry me out regardless of the brand so we stopped using them.. so problem solved on my end. Only found out yesterday that he wanted a lubricant for himself because even though I no longer had an issue, somehow he did and he wanted to get a lubricant to fix the situation and I explained the allergic reaction I've experienced with the KY brand. So I don't think he's allergic to anything of that nature.

• Thank you for the advice. It's been very helpful

• Durex Play, the purple one

• Saliva is good. Also is surgilube it's what the doctors use.

• get something water based

• WD40

• A lot off for play

• Preseed is a completely safe lubricant that acts mort like cervical mucus than any other lube. Healthy and works well.

• Use Nutella chocolate

• Kwayn tubes

• ur saliva

What Girls Said 2

• Coconut oil

• Olive or coconut oil