Why does sex hurt me so bad?

Hi all.

I’m 16 years old and I’ve only just recently because sexually active. I only recently lost my virginity last weekend and I’m pretty worried as it hurt so bad. Before he went inside he done a lot of foreplay he fingered me and rubbed me for agies so I was wet. When he went inside me it hurt so badly I started crying. He done about 3 strokes and after that I just cried and he had to stop. It hurt so badly so so badly, I remember my finger nails were digging into his back because of the pain. I know it was my first time and I’m tight but was my first time supposed to hurt that much to the point I cried? I’m kinda scared to have sex again now, his penis wasn’t even that big it was just thick. Is this normal?

615

Most Helpful Guy

• Thickness will hurt more than length anyway, as the pain is from the stretching of the skin AROUND the penis, but yes it'll hurt too if it's too long and hits your cervix or something like that.

What would you say by "wasn't even that big"?

Are you a smaller girl? Maybe your anatomy is a certain way where you can only take 4-5" comfortably.
    It is your first time, and your vagina wasn't used to the stretch it hasn't experienced before, and it'll only get better.
    If you're going to try again, you could try telling the guy to do super slow, or use toys to "loosen" your skin/walls to make it hurt less.

Most Helpful Girl

• You were You may have not been as lubricated as you needed to be, you may not have been fully aroused, and you may have been unconsciously clamping your pubic muscles down in anticipation of pain. I'm going to post two videos for you to watch about losing verginity that should make sex a bit more comfortable for you and help you understand what should happen.

https://youtu.be/nUjq60Gskkwhttps://youtu.be/9qFojO8WkpA

• The bottom line is, if it hurts S T O P. Pain in sex is NOT Normal.
      Always have your partner use condoms AND plenty of condom-safe lube, clean hands, nothing rough, especially because this is new for you.

If you find it hard to relax and still find it painful to try, speak with a doctor.