Is society getting better at valuing female arousal as a key part of sex?

When I was younger, it didn’t seem like anything that was discussed. There was a lot of emphasis on emotional readiness, but none on valuing full sexual arousal as a prerequisite for sex.

Sometimes it seemed like female sexual response was considered optional and not key because an erect man can still penetrate an unaroused female. Not explaining that painful and difficult sex - which was almost considered a female right of passage - is often caused by lack of female physical readiness at the moment - not emotional issues.

Is this miseducation getting better for the younger generations?

28129

Most Helpful Guy

• Going back farther than you (lol) the education was on the mechanics of procreation. Very little on satisfying anyone. The guys seemed to know how to satisfy themselves and that was all that was needed. Some of us valued the woman's enjoyment and tried our best, but were still a bit lost. But I think it has now been many years ago that the importance of the female enjoyment became well known. I don't see that the last few years have made that big a difference on the education, but I think I see the attitudes of men changing.

• Even simple things, like why deep sex can hurt from hitting the cervix and how to avoid that seemed like a mystery when I was first learning about sex. It’s strange to think now, but there was just no information out there.

• Going back to my youth, there were some books, but they were hard to find. And not as informative as today's info.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sometimes I think so. But a lot of people are really bad at understanding science, especially anatomy and physiology, and the ignorance is to the level of shit being labeled wrong even in medical-school textbooks.

Men have just got to stop being so fucking butthurt that women want sex that isn't miserable all the time.

Honest fellas! If WE like it more then we'll do it with you more and you'll have better sex for longer with your woman. Even if you both save yourselves for marriage, you can still learn how to be decent to your wife in bed.

Lesbians just don't ever have this problem.

• I should make a few fake accounts to like that more than once... DAMN IT, MHO here please, I beg you! :D

• It's not going to change ME, because I don't value the sexual opinions of sexists who are 25 with a 69 in their screen names. It already informs me that you don't have my well-being in mind. Just the same boring sexist narrative about sex that leads to lousy sex.

But it MIGHT effect some teenage woman reading this. she might think that if she talks about what she needs, and ways in which her life is being made worse by sexism, that men will reject her and she won't have happiness. In this, I hope she's reading me more than she's reading you. Strong women telling other women how to be strong is what fixes the problem. You're just the problem, with your uninformed, deplorable sexist attitudes. YOU MAKE SEX BAD. YOU. You and your narrative. YOU ruin sex for women. Not some men, or men, or some abstract concept. YOU personally. Whoever you may be.

Hopefully women get the idea that our pleasure is more important than winning the approval of men like you.

• Not to mention, you CAN DEFINITELY have painful or otherwise lackluster sex with a partner you find attractive, if you don’t fully realize how your body works. I’ve experienced this myself as a younger person with a “bigger” partner. I simply didn’t know enough to know how to fix the problem and despite being a good guy, neither did he.