Do you think birth control pills for men will be effective?

• Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• They keep working on it, but the side effects are always too extreme. The last round of clinical trials they had for a male birth control pill a dude died and a bunch of them became permanently infertile.

2|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, yes, they will be effective if they are approved by the FDA. Will men take them? That's a good question. A lot of men really feel like ignoring birth control entirely and always leaving it in the hands of the woman. But some men will like being in control of their own fertility. The longer the method is around and proves safe, the more men will warm up to it.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 15

• Why not, they tested this ones and it had almost the same side effects as the pils for a woman. But it was to many side effects so they scrapped it. Its a bit hypocritical when men dont want the same side effects as a women have to deal with every day.

1|0
    0|0
  • Women wouldn’t trust that a guy was on it... I mean why would they? Bareback is the best and everyone knows it... a woman asks a guy that and even if he has no idea what you’re talking about he’ll probably say oh yes of course. Plus it’s y’all that get pregnant and go through the pregnancy, don’t trust a guy with your vagina going through child birth. That’s my two cents lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Just wait for that one chick to ask the guy, "you got a condom?" , n them to say they're on birth control. What if they're lying lol... like woman I guess could lie as well about being on birth control, but at least it's them that get pregnant. So conclusion is everyone worry about their own sexual protection. It is a good idea but I can see fuck boys lying to get in raw.

0|0
    0|0
  • Effective, yes, side effects, yes.
    Sorry, this shouldn't be used for years until the long term side effects are known.

0|0
    0|0
    • How do you feel about female birth control and all the side effects it has?

• Side effects are never good. (Toss that... usually not good) At least the side effects of female birth control are known, worked on for many years to reduce them, and different types have different side effects one can choose from. And some some of the side effects of female birth control are even wanted by women.

• Holy crap, you have to take this pill every freakin day? No no no no no, I am out to buy condoms, bye.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think it would. There might be too many side effects.

1|0
    0|0
    • But all medicine has side effects. Like the pill for women does.

• Show All
    • You mean someone casual? No. In a realtionship, of course. I don't have relationships with guys I can't trust.

• @Pamina I respect that 👍

• I wish... They'd never do that. The only thing they'll give men is a vasectomy or if they put out pills, those things will probably make us infertile.

0|0
    0|0
  • They've been trying for years. Way to many side effects. MHO, I'd use a condom, never know what someone is hiding...

0|0
    0|0
  • Possibly if they can stop with the massive side effects like death and infertility.

0|0
    0|0
  • N. a. I'll just use condoms if I need contraception

0|0
    0|0
  • The question should be would a girl trust a guy that says he is on it?

0|0
    0|0
  • condoms are suffice, sure there's a chance of pregnancy but its very small

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah at causing infertility

0|0
    0|0
  • No..

0|0
    0|0
  • I would rather get a vasectomy. Cheaper over time plus we don't really know the side effects of it. I could be effective I just don't want to run the risks.

1|0
    0|0
    • It* not I sorry

What Girls Said 7

• I have a feeling the guy might then forget to take the pill and we would just be relying on this word.

In addition, I tried taking the BC pills way back in 2015 to stop my heavy periods. Suddenly I started having a period twice a month for 3-4 days. Then when I took it again, I had a period 3 times in a month.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, obviously... Otherwise they wouldn't exist. The thing, though... is that most men aren't willing to take something that could damage their health for contraceptive unlike most women...

0|0
    0|0
  • Effective or not, I would still rather rely on myself.

0|3
    0|0
    • I kinda agree. I would trust the woman and to be safe I would still use a condom or get a vasectomy. Just to be o the safe side. Sorry if this sound like I would put the responsibility only on the woman.

• Eventually they will be. Just a matter of time.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not about to trust my body to someone else.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it will be effective

0|0
    0|0
  • I personally wouldn't trust most guys to remember to take. Hell I won't even take pills

I'll stick with the copper IUD, hormone free too :D

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes