Why is it so wrong to be a virgin?

I'm a virgin, so what? Everyone is shaming me saying I'm a prude and shit. It discourages me that people laugh at me because I haven't had sex. I don't want to have sex with the first person I meet. I don't know what to do anymore.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 10

• No. It's nothing wrong.

What's wrong are those boys bossing around under the direction of their dicks and you fell into their apparent lack of decency.

0|0
    0|0
  • You have to do what _you_ deem to be best for _you_ and ignore what other think or say, it’s your life.

Having said that, my personal opinion is that virginity and the weight that it bears, especially on girls/women is a unhealthy social construct that shames sex. Especially if it ‘rewards’ girls as being good and pure if they stay virgin as long as possible while at the same time it ‘rewards’ boys for not being virgins anymore and a sign of success.

There’s a fine line between sleeping around and not caring about hypochritcal social norms.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not a big deal, live a life by your terms. Glad you respect yourself enough to wait for your right time

1|0
    1|1
  • Actually speaking its not wrong.
    Its totally right!
    Just ignore those people, u know you are not wrong.

0|0
    0|0
  • nobody gives a shit about virginity but virgins themselfes xD trust me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like virgin girls

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know about everyone, but I don't care.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just lie about it,

0|0
    0|0
  • The real Question is its so right to be a virgin

0|0
    0|0
  • I mean you technically already haven't had sex with the first person you've met, but I get what you're saying. I think it's just sad to see people age as virgins. They should take initiative, and sometimes stop being so picky.

0|0
    4|0
    • 2d

I'm not picky, no one approaches me. The only guy who did takes a shit ton of drugs.

• Show All
    • 2d

I try not to assume, but I give guys my number and they get right to the point. I might just wait until I'm out of college...

• 2d

A lot of people feel more comfortable making friends first.

What Girls Said 5

• It’s nothing wrong at all! As you say it is a question of meeting someone that you fancy having sex with. No rush.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just ignore those who shame you for preserving your virginity. You're not doing anything wrong by doing so.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its not. Most people dont do that unless you start tryna brag

0|0
    0|0
  • It’s not wrong at all and you shouldn’t worry about what people think

0|0
    0|0
  • I’m a virgin.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes