I’m only 17 and I think I might have ED please help?

So I’m 17 and a virgin. Me and my girlfriend have gone to third base multiple times but when we tried to have sex the other night I couldn’t stay hard enough to do it. Why might this be happening, I really really need help?

25

Most Helpful Girl

• This is not ED but the way you start worrying, you are on the right path to getting it.

It is understandable that you worry that you could stay hard but at this stage this not ED. You were probably just too nervous to do something wrong or not to do it correctly that you made yourself a mental blockage. This in turn impacted on your erection. Being a virgin is also adding to the blockage that you want all to be perfect. The first time is seldom perfect.

ED originates in the brain and develops when you have an ED on several consecutive times. You start developing a fear that you cannot have an erection when you need it and you end up in a vicious circle.

You think subconsciously that you will have an ED and the brain transforms this anxiety into reality.

Go back to bases 1 to 3 and go about the last steps in slow increments. Take your time and if you have the chance to have a girlfriend that can help you with a HJ or BJ before the actual intercourse, you will not want to come down from 7th heaven and your ED fear will be a thing of the past.

Enjoy every second of this first time and don't let your brain take over and tell you what you can and cannot do. Good luck!

• I also masturbated about 2 hours before we tried to have sex could this have been a factor in my issues?

• This may have been a reason for your loss of performance. Although at age 17, the so-called refractory period should be shorter than 2 hours. That is the time between 2 ejaculations.
      Usually, after guys cum, they have a period where their sexual appetite is diminished. But other factors must also be considered.

Nevertheless, I don't think you should worry about that "incident". Just make sure you do not place excessive importance on that mishap. Every man has that at one time or another.

• True erectile dysfunction does not originate in the brain. it is a problem that originates with the vascular system, reduced blood flow to the penis. The brain can add to this, but that is not the start or cause. Common causes include diabetes and heart problems.

If he can have erections and complete masturbation, any possible ED would be very minimal. But it can be that problems in the mind can affect his sexual functioning. If in the mind, the best cure would be to find out what is causing it and fix that, although drugs for ED might help that, also. But the drugs mess with the vascular system and the heart, so dangerous unless a doctor is monitoring.

Most Helpful Guy

• You don't have ED at your age- you just had nerves. Just have her give you a BJ or HJ and talk dirty to you if it happens again. Have her start off riding you, too.

• We actually tried to do that but I still lost my erection too quickly to do it, we’ve been together a while and we kinda laughed it off but I’m really afraid for this to happen a second time when we try again

• Good luck!