Do you agree: the human reproductive system & process is inefficient compared to other animals?

Both genders find it stressful, it causes health problems in both genders and pregnancy doesn’t always occur.
  • Agree
    Vote A
  • Disagree
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on the animals. But yes, sure there are species with much more efficient reproductive systems than us.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Considering we've overpopulated the world and encroached heavily on other animals environments I'd say that we are much more effective than any other animal.

0|0
    0|0
    • I think we’ve just become too good at survival from being too intelligent.

• That may be but humans certainly don't have a problem with reproducing. If we did, there wouldn't be 7 billion people. And since you're going to mention intelligence, the fact that we can go to doctors now to assist with getting pregnant only shows even more so that getting pregnant is not a problem for our species.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Guys Said 8

• Clearly it is inefficient compared to many animal reproductive processes. A single pair of rats, for example, can produce 2,000 offspring in a single year.

But what gives us the unmatched advantage is the human brain. It allows us to dominate all other animals and protects us from becoming extinct. No other animal comes close to our brainpower.

0|0
    0|0
  • not at all. just look at species like the giant panda. if anything humans are more than capable of reproducing and our reproduction should be limited

0|0
    0|0
  • Ummm well yh but look at other animals success rates. Humans 99% some species have a success rate of 55%

0|0
    0|0
  • Well overpopulation will seem to disappoint with you.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's meant to be inefficient. If not, humans would have outstripped their resources early on.

0|0
    0|0
  • No..

0|0
    0|0
  • What is wrong with you?

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah it takes a long time and so many possible problems, usually only have one kid after all that when animals have litters

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes