Yeast infection question?

So I have a yeast infection, but the itching is on and off. I’ve had the itching for the past month, but only realized it was a yeast infection about 2 weeks ago. It’s probably been one the whole time, but because I didn’t have much strange discharge until about 2 and a half weeks ago, I didn’t know.

MY QUESTION is, can month- month and a half lon yeast infections cause problems if left untreated? I know you are wondering why I haven’t gotten it treated, but I will be telling my mom to get me treatment in the next day or so. My period is supposed to start tomorrow, so can I still take the treatment?

Please someone reassure me that having a yeast infection for this long will not harm me (aside from discomfort) I’m kinda scared that I have left it to cause stuff... Someone help!

10