I don't want to use birth control but my boyfriend doesn't want to use condoms?

So I stopped using bc because it impacts my sex drive among other things and I have had problems with irregular periods in the past. I also have PCOS. I've had somewhat regular periods since summer of last year and I'd like things to continue that way. I just don't want to mess with putting artificial hormones in my body.

My boyfriend, however, does not like the idea of using condoms.

I've heard there is an app that helps you track when you're fertile and when you're not, but there's some question related to the efficacy of it.

What should I do? Is our only option to use condoms?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It seems a little insensitive of him not to use condoms.
    I mean there are other contrceotive devices, coils and stuff tje woman uses, but woukd be simplest to use condoms. Do you really want to be with someone who would risk pregnancy just because their pleasure may be dulled a little?

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Ask him if he wishes to be a father?
    Even with protection there is still a chance. So def. have a conversatoin.
    Even for you, are you ready to be a mom?

1|1
    0|0
  • Simple

0|0
    1|0
  • You could use a diaphragm but that means no spontaneous sex.
    Tracking your cycle is not birth control, it’s wishful thinking. If pregnancy is not desired then you need to do SOMETHING to prevent it

1|0
    0|0
  • Well, I wouldn’t take the chance with the app, I would instead tell your boyfriend that he needs to wear condoms otherwise he won’t be having sex with you. Or just threaten him with a child.

0|1
    0|0
  • Condoms are noninvasive. Your boyfriend should compromise in this situation, because hormonal birth control does carry some health risks, even if very small, especially if you have PCOS.

0|0
    0|0
  • Might I be the first to congratulate you both on your very probable forthcoming pregnancy.

2|0
    0|0
  • Talk to your gynecologist. Maybe an IUD would work for you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Your other option is to not have sex. I wouldn't chance it with what an app tells you

2|0
    0|0
  • There are various types of pill. Perhaps your doc can suggest a different type.

0|0
    0|0
  • Then embrace fruitful sex.

0|0
    0|0
  • ready to make baby.

0|0
    0|0
  • From what I know from the doctor , all the method you have ; including birth control and shots. They all interfere with your hormones. So best way is condom ; male and famale condoms. Either way

0|2
    0|0

Recommended myTakes