Girls, how late has your period ever been/should I be freaking out?

Anonymous
So, I'm 19 and my period is extremely regular, I can practically plan it to the minute. A few (3 or 4) months ago it was nearly a week late, since then its been the same as it always has been. Now it's late again, a week today, and I'm kind of freaking out.

I do have sex with my boyfriend (who's 22), always safe (we use condoms every time), but I'm not on birth control yet because I haven't gotten to a doctor on my medical.

I have cramps, I'm bloated, my breasts are sore, and overall just feel like I have my period. Which I've read can also be signs of being pregnant, which makes me stress more, which can also lead to missing/having a late period.

I do plan on taking a test if it doesn't come until next week, I'm just wondering if I should be freaking out as much as I am.

Has this ever happened to any of you and you weren't pregnant? If yes, how long was it before you got it?
1
2