If he holds onto sentimental reminders of his ex, is that a huge deal?

Anonymous
My boyfriend and I have been together for a couple of months now. I know that half a year prior to us getting together, his ex broke up with him (they dated for about 7 yrs). I am in the same boat in terms of having an ex for that period in length, but sometimes I grow uneasy with the feeling that he may still potentially hope to have a future with her.

Recently I found a photo album by his bedside with just his girlfriend and him, documenting the years they've been together. On the last page it says, "to be continued". He also still wears their couple ring 24/7. The thing is, he's a really good boyfriend. He's sweet and seems to be really into our relationship.

I know that being with someone for that long will make you want to hold onto sentimental reminders, but is this something guys would usually do if they are still hung up on their exes? Or is he in the process of getting over her? I worry that I may just a 'filler' for the time being, as he hopes to get back with her.
+1 y
Turns out, he is over his ex but still as some skeletons in his closet about it. She recently met someone and it has taken a toll on him, and as a result also on our relationship. We are no longer together, but thanks everyone for the advice.
2
2