Does my guy friend like me as more or am I reading something into nothing?

I am very good friends with my boss. He is going through a divorce and is 16 years older than me. We aren't just work friends, we go out for a drink after work and catch a movie at least a couple times a month. Sometimes with others for drinks but the movies are always use the two of us. When we are alone he opens doors, pulls out chairs and insists on paying. We get along very well, it's not too often u share this much in common with someone, we truly have a special bond. When I broke up with my bf about 6 months ago he started flirting with me like crazy. His whole mood changed and he was a much brighter person for a while. People have said to me his tone is different when speaking to me and that he is in a better mood when I'm around. The flirting has slowed recently but we still hang out often. I just told him I have been talking to a new guy and he went right back to what he was doing when I broke up with my bf. He started flirting like crazy again and looking at me with this twinkle in his eyes. I can not figure this behavior out. When my bf and I broke up I thought maybe there was just some sexual chemistry built up that we had to get out of our systems. But now I'm confused. If he said to me he wanted to date me and be more than friends ( so far our relationship has been in this weird Grey area) I would say yes and be with him. He has not said anything like this but his actions are beyond confusing. Does he just want me as an option?
4
0