How do I get out of my comfort zone with thers? (Friendships, Boys, Dating, etc...)?

I'm a cautious, distant, and closed up person when it comes to new people. I pick my friends carefully based on whether they like me for who I am and if they can tolerate my emotional personality, so that's why I don't like opening up to everyone I meet, it's something that you need to earn.

When it comes to dating... I have had emotional scars from the past and met guys that only liked me for my face and body and those who weren't serious and were just playing with me, that's why I have trust problems and try to keep a distance from others today. I really feel like this is holding me back from having relationships and dating... because I really feel like I can't find anyone that can put up with me, my insecurities, and like me sincerely.

I'm not really looking for a relationship right now because I really want to focus on school... but I do want to get along with others without being so scared to open up and feel betrayed again.
3
0