Do people tend to interact a lot less with friends after getting into a relationship or getting married?

Please don't mind the long description. If you'd rather not read it, just vote and be done with it!

I was never the one with a bevy of friends, because I was satisfied with the handful of good friends I had (referring to only male friends here). Over the years, as most of them got into relationships and some of them even got married, their interactions with me have reduced to a minimum.

Of course, I'm not expecting them to speak to me over the phone or hang out with a lot, because I understand that they need to spend time with their partners/spouses. But its gotten to a point where their contact with me has become almost non-existent (except for a phone call or two in several month).

It was my 28th birthday last week, and two of my closest friends (whom I know since ages) actually forgot to even wish me. This was the first time they forgot about it, since getting to know me. During the time period between my previous birthday and this one, one of them got engaged and the other got married. I was quite hurt about this, to be honest.

While I can understand their family commitments, I feel kind of 'abandoned'. Now, perhaps I'm the only only one among my circle of buddies who is single (not that I'm longing for a relationship, but I do feel the need to interact with my friends). I try to keep my mind off human interaction by involving myself with work (thankfully I have a decent job) and doing things I enjoy (like listening to music, playing videogames and watching movies). But sometimes I feel I just need to talk to someone (preferably a friend), but they're all too busy with their personal lives.

So have you people experienced this? Do your friends interact much less with you if they're in a relationship/married, and you're single?
Yes
No
Some do, some don't
Vote C
GirlGuy
4
4